5"x5" square ruler ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5"x5" square ruler ?????

I would like to know where any of you have purchased a 5"x5" ( 5x 5 inch ) ruler ? The only ruler I could find when I wanted to cut my own charm packs to make a few of those bags Jenny did the tutorial is a 6" x 6 " ruler....and it's a pain to use.....There been more than once that I forgot that it wasn't a five by five inch ruler and cut them 6" x 6"....

Can anyone suggest where to purchase a 5"x 5" inch ruler ( I purchased the 6 " x 6 " inch ruler at Jo-Ann Fabrics ( I used my 40 % coupon to purchase it )

thanks !
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Re: 5"x5" square ruler ?????

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...te-charm-maker
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Maybe you could use the 5" twister template?
      https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-for-5-squares

Edit: Thanks Karen, that's the one I was looking for!

Comment

I just cut 5" strips, then cut the strips every 5". Voila, charms! Way easier than trying to cut individual charms.

Comment

I use my June Tailor (or is it Taylor?) ruler and cut 5 inch strips, then turn the ruler and cut again. Easy peasy!
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I got one when it was the DD, or maybe it was free. I don't remember. It has no markings on it. I think the way to go is to cut strips and then to cut those into squares. If you have the June Tailor Shape Cut ruler, it is a breeze as well as fast and accurate.
            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
              I use my June Tailor (or is it Taylor?) ruler and cut 5 inch strips, then turn the ruler and cut again. Easy peasy!
              I use this, too. If you use the square-up you wind up chopping things to pieces, and there's a lot of waste.
              My friends call me Peggy
              The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I needed a 4" square once as I needed to trim to size some HST so I just went to a local glass shop and had them cut me out of plexiglass. When I got home, I drew a diagonal line on it with a sharpie. Worked perfect, about $2 and no shipping! I've had a few more cut in different sizes as I needed them. Just make sure you measure it before you leave the shop to make sure it is cut accurately. I even had the shop cut me an arc ruler that is used with the Rings That Bind book back before Phillips Fiber Art re issued the book and template. This is when you could only get them on EBay for upwards of $200. I photo copied my friends arc and took it to the shop and they made me a perfect copy. I drew my own lines on it.
                Last edited by Auntpiggylpn; January 21, 2014, 08:04 PM.

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Originally posted by Auntpiggylpn View Post
                  I needed a 4" square once as I needed to trim to size some HST so I just went to a local glass shop and had them cut me out of plexiglass. When I got home, I drew a diagonal line on it with a sharpie. Worked perfect, about $2 and no shipping!
                  Thank you for this wonderful idea!
                  "One can never consent to creep, when one feels the impulse to soar" -Helen Keller

Comment

I bought it here, but the only time I use it is for fussy cut's. I'd rather cut strips too.
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

My grandmas always just cut out a piece of cardboard to make their templates. This is the cheapest way to go but I'm not sure how well it would work with a rotary cutter. I must say that I feel very spoiled at all the templates, rulers, rotatory cutters and mats that we have now. I still remember them cutting out squares with scissors. The one pattern that always got me was the Grandma's Garden itty bitty pieces.

Comment

I ordered the Charm Maker from M *, and it's a great little tool.... You get perfect charms every time.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by Auntpiggylpn View Post
                          I needed a 4" square once as I needed to trim to size some HST so I just went to a local glass shop and had them cut me out of plexiglass. When I got home, I drew a diagonal line on it with a sharpie. Worked perfect, about $2 and no shipping! I've had a few more cut in different sizes as I needed them. Just make sure you measure it before you leave the shop to make sure it is cut accurately. I even had the shop cut me an arc ruler that is used with the Rings That Bind book back before Phillips Fiber Art re issued the book and template. This is when you could only get them on EBay for upwards of $200. I photo copied my friends arc and took it to the shop and they made me a perfect copy. I drew my own lines on it.

I think a place like Lowe's might do this kind of thing, too... Great idea!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I got my Omnigrip 5x5 ruler on amazon

Comment

I got my 5 x 5 from JoAnn's.
                              ~ Tracy

Comment

Working...
                              X