Janome 7700 feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome 7700 feet

I have a Janome 7700 with the accufeed capability. I have heard there is a 1/4 inch accufeed foot attachement and an accufeed stitch in the ditch attachment. I would like to know if anyone has used these attachements and how you like them. Thanks

Re: Janome 7700 feet

I have the stitch in the ditch attachment, honestly not a fan because I can't see where the needle is.... I use the accufeed foot that came with the machine for all of my piecing. It has made a world of difference! I set the needle to 4.9 and the fabric goes through the right feed dog just at the right edge of the right feed dog. There are many ways to test your 1/4 inch - the easiest I've seen on this forum is to get a recipe card. The lines are spaced at 1/4 of an inch. Put one line under the foot where you know you can keep an eye on the fabric and move the needle over until it hits the line just to the left of where you want the end of your fabric to be. I hope this makes sense....

I was going to purchase the 1/4 inch foot but after disliking the stitch in the ditch foot so much I didn't buy the 1/4 inch foot since the regular one is working fine.
    Murphy :icon_wave:

www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com

Quilting forever, housework - whenever!

Comment

OH, and welcome to the forum! and you might want to post this in the General Discussion area - you might get more responses
      Murphy :icon_wave:

www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com

Quilting forever, housework - whenever!

Comment

I do have tHe stitch in the ditch foot and like it a lot.

Comment

I have the 1/4" foot accufeed attachment and like it, great for when putting on the borders.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I have the 1/4" Acufeed foot and like it. Was thinking about the SITD one but haven't committed to buying it yet.
            Julia

Comment

Thanks for help and advice. Can you tell I'm new at this!

Comment

I have the 7700 and I use the acufeed 1/4" foot for my piecing. I now have the most consistent 1/4" seams I have ever gotten on any machine, even my Bernina. I use the acufeed open toe for stitch-in-the-ditch because I can see exactly where the needle is going. I love, love, love my 7700. I just need to improve my fmq on my 7700 (there's nowhere to go, but up).

Comment

Working...
                X