X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starlover
    replied
    Re: fabroc for borders

If you cut the length of your fabric instead of width, it won't be as stretchy. Cuts down on the risk of your border waving. I prefer not to have to piece the border, but that gets expensive. You'd need 2 1/4 yards to make it that way.
    If you buy a yard you'll have enough by piecing your border strips that are cut along the length. You'll need 9 strips this way. 1 1/2 yards will give you enough for the border and binding.

Leave a comment:

• tikki253
    replied

Thank you so very much

Leave a comment:

• tikki253
    replied

yes thank you so much

Leave a comment:

• vchale
    replied

You multiply your width 61x2=122 and your length 80x2=160, add together 282, divide by 40( width of fabric) equals to 7+. I would do 8 cuts to be sure to have enough. So 8x4=32" so I would get a yard. If your fabric is closer to 44" wide you could probably get by with 7 widths but I would probably still go for a yard because the cost between 7/8 and a whole yard would be worth it not to be short. I should have figured your cuts at 4-1/2 but it would still be the same.
    Last edited by vchale; January 19, 2014, 11:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• New York Sue
    replied

MyWebQuilter.com: Calculate Quilt Backing and Binding Fabric Requirements
    This is a handy link!

Leave a comment:

• ilive2craft2
    replied

according to my Robert Kauffman app, you need 7/8 of a yard and to cut 7 strips. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• tikki253
    started a topic fabroc for borders

fabroc for borders

my quilt is 61 by 80 and i want 4 jnch borders so how much fabric do i need to get
Working...
X