Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice.

Hi everyone!
    I have been given 6 embroidered wedding ring blocks to make into a 90x108 queen size quilt for our Church quilt bingo. This is my question. What kind of block would you use to fill in between the embroidered blocks?
    I plan on making four rows of three with sashing between.
    First row would be made up of a ------------ block, one embroidered block, and a --------- block.
    Second row would be an embroidered block, a ----------- block and another embroidered block.
    Third row like row one, and fourth row like row two.

I drew a diagram of this pattern - QUILT PATTERN 2 001.jpg
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Deb K.
    Germantown, IL

Re: Need some advice.

a couple of ideas......in the blank spots what about just quilted ...like a wreath of feathers, crosses, a bible or Jesus hands......... or some bible verses embroidered ...... you wont want to do anything to take away from the wedding ring blocks IMHO
    :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Could you post a picture of the blocks you have? Might be easier to help if we can see them. Good luck.
      Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Maybe you could quilt the blank blocks like the wedding ring design and have the same quilting design all over the quilt. Does that make sense?

Comment

Thanks Quiltngolfer, that is a great idea. So glad we have such wonderful people on this forum who share their ideas.
          I see your a golfer. Me too. Another thing in common with many on the forum.
          Thanks Again
          Deb K.

Comment

I would leave the other blocks a solid white, and quilt a complimenting circular pattern in them. Any other color or pattern will draw away from the wedding ring blocks. Can't wait to see it finished.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Could you put 5 of the 6 blocks together like a cross making those into a wedding ring? Make that the center of the quilt using white blocks to frame it and fancy quilting like others suggested. You could use the remaining block as part of the backing.
              Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Working...
              X