? for those of you that use a large wooden hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for those of you that use a large wooden hoop

my neighbor gave me this large oval hoop so decided to get something finished!
    my ? is do you leave the hoop on overnite or do you take it off.
    Thanks Gale

Re: ? for those of you that use a large wooden hoop

I always left mine on. Haven't hand quilted in a long time!
    Cathryn

Comment

I leave mine on as well. I have read it's supposed to be taken off but I've never noticed permanent creases.
      Robin
      My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I always leave mine on unless it will be stored for quite a while, then take it off.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I just want to say what ever your working on looks really great. God your stitches look perfect. I can barely sew a straight line on a machine. Pleas post a picture when your done.
          sigpic
          Hugs Ann

Comment

I leave mine on, unless it is going to be a while before I get to it again. BTW your quilt is darling and your stitching is wonderful.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't used one yet so I cannot answer your question. Just wanted to say that I love your quilt and your stitching is awesome! I have a cheaper hoop that I got just to see if it is something that I will like. I really want to do some handquilting, but I'm afraid I'll ruin my quilt.
              Cil
              A quilt is a blanket of love
              http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
              http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I'm standing all alone here! I always take mine off when I am finished quilting for the day. Things come up and I never really know when I'll get back to it.

BTW, I haven't hand quilted in almost a decade and got out a cute snowman wallhanging to hand quilt just this morning! I'd forgotten how much I love it, both doing it and the look of it. Your quilt is adorable. You're doing a great job.
                Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Thanks everyone I guess I`ll take my off if I rember as you said things come up and never know when you can get back to it.
                  Gale

Comment

I use a ten inch hoop.... Anything larger is hard for me to use, because my arms are short...

I often leave my quilt in the hoop for days, with no problems... I know you aren't supposed to do that, but I do it anyway.... I've never had the quilt become distorted in Any way....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                    X