yardage for borders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yardage for borders

Hi this is Terry and i am doing the snowball four patch and wondering how much yardage i need for the borders my blocks are 9inches this is my first really big quilt , and what size did Jenny do the borders I am pretty new to quilting and so excited on doing the quilt , thanks for all your help

Re: yardage for borders

It depends on the size of your quilt. The dimensions of your quilt and the width of the border you choose will determine yardage. I made this pattern in a queen size quilt (you can see it in my album on my profile page) however I don't think the border really shows up. I used about 2 1/4 yards of border fabric for a 6 inch border on a queen size. I think from the video Jenny did the same. Good luck with it, can't wait to see your finished quilt!

Comment

Once you decide how wide you want your border, if you have a smart phone, there's a free app called QuiltCalc. You put in your measurements and it figures how much fabric you will need. It's really handy (when I can remember to use it.)

Comment

Thanks for your help , have a great day

Comment

WOW! Slokarma was right . . . I just downloaded that app and it's WONDERFUL!! Just punch in the size of your quilt top and how many borders you want and the width of the borders and it calculates it all for you! Including how many strips you need to cut and the size to cut them!! This is awesome! I've been sitting here with graph paper and colored pencils . . . THANKS Slokarma, you made my day!

Comment

For those of us old-timers without a smart phone try
            Quilter's Paradise - The Leader in Laser-Cut and Pre-Cut Kits and Services for the Quilting Market
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Another good online site is MyWebQuilter.com: Quilt Block Patterns, Quilt Patterns, Quilt Design Software and Quilting Tools

Comment

Working...
              X