Loop turner alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loop turner alternatives?

I am hoping one of you remembers which video had Jenny using a pencil to turn a loop? I am looking for an alternative method to going and buying a loop turner; I just hate one -use items! Thanks in advance.
    Quilts may come, and quilts may go, but the stitches stay the same.:icon_hi:

Re: Loop turner alternatives?

I hesitated buying a loop turner for years! I was gifted with the fasturn loop turners and I always used a pencil or the end of a seam ripper (closed!!) to pry out the corners...sometimes resorting to using a straight pin on the right side to pick out the resistant issues. Last summer, I tried a real point turner at a sewing class and instantly fell in love! Why had I struggled all these years???? The collar points have never looked so good! A great tool is worth the investment.....even if used occasionally! This is a great tool!

Comment

Loop turners are a good investment! I also like the point turner....that is fabulous! I have been known to use dowels, and also wooden spoons though!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I use extra large knitting needles
        Happy Quilting!

Comment

You could use a small crochet hook, since its rounded it won't poke through, or a chop stick, Merry Christmas to you from Hawaii!

Comment

I use a crochet hook, handle end for turning.
            I don't buy all the little things suggested
            for quilters. There are always other options
            you have on hand.

Comment

I made my own bobkin by tying a piece of string to a small safety pin. The other end I tied to a bobby pin. Pin the safety pin to the inside of one end of the tube (only one layer of fabric!) then drop the bobby pin through the tube and work it down until it comes out the other end. Push (roll) the fabric and safety pin down into the tube a little. By pulling the bobby pin side of the the string, you should be able to easily pull the tube inside out. Fast, easy, and cheap!

Comment

Dritz makes a set of quick turn fabric tubes. Three tubes and dowels in different diameters. I got it at JoAnn's - probably with a 50 or 60% coupon. I use the set all the time for turning things, poking corners, etc. Well worth around the 4 bucks that I spent.

Comment

Working...
                X