Travel Pillowcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Pillowcase

Does anyone know the measurements for sewing a travel pillowcase? My niece wants me to make 6-12 travel size.

She has the typical non-quilter mentality "Since she quilts, she can sew anything"

Thanks to anyone how can help me with this.

Carrie in MO

Re: Travel Pillowcase

I did a bunch of these last Christmas for the kids - they got a travel pillow ($3 from WalMart) with pillowcase and a matching pillowcase for their bed. Let me go find the measurements I used. I just experimented with the numbers from Jenny's tutorial.

One thing I will warn you about is that they are addictive!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Ok, we are in luck - I even have a travel pillow still in it's wrapper. Mainstays brand Travel Pillow is 14 in by 20 in.

Body: 28 in by 19 in
      Accent strip (optional): 28 in by 2 in
      Cuff: 28 in by 8 in

If the travel pillows you find are a different size, you may need to adjust sizes. Have fun!
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

One of these days I'll have to figure out how I made the ones with the tuck flap in them.
        I stole the idea from a set of IKEA pillow cases.
        You have a regular cuff piece on the top, but the bottom wraps around and makes an inside pocket to catch the pillow from sliding out. This is handy if you have a "cover monster" who wrestles with the sheets and blankets at night. The cases don't end up migrating off the pillows to end up between the mattress and the wall.
        One of these days I'll really get to it.
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Lisa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look for me. I watched Jenny's tut & am really looking forward to making these. I have a t-shirt quilt that I have to finish first though.

Comment

Originally posted by CARRIE M View Post
            Lisa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look for me. I watched Jenny's tut & am really looking forward to making these. I have a t-shirt quilt that I have to finish first though.
            I hope we can see a picture of this after it's done. I am now thinking of creating a travel pillow case too.
            "Courage doesn't always roar." steve barbarich

Comment

Working...
            X