Fusible fleece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusible fleece

I am trying to use fusible fleece, but I can't get it to adhere to my material. Do I need to use steam? So many new discoveries for a quilting newbie 
    I checked both sides also.

Re: Fusible fleece

I usually use steam when I am using fusible fleece. I lay my 100% cotton wrong side down onto the fusible side of the fleece and press on the 100% cotton fabric. I press instead of ironing and give several bursts of steam

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

I use wool setting with steam. I put the fleece bumpy side up, then lay the fabric over it, wrong side down. Then I place a damp cloth over the fabric and press, not iron. I looked up the instructions from pellon when I couldn't find my instructions.

I'm a bit of a newbie too but I've made a couple of purses using fleece as the interfacing and so far so good. Don't put your iron on the fleece. Made that mistake. Once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
        I use wool setting with steam. I put the fleece bumpy side up, then lay the fabric over it, wrong side down. Then I place a damp cloth over the fabric and press, not iron. I looked up the instructions from pellon when I couldn't find my instructions.

I'm a bit of a newbie too but I've made a couple of purses using fleece as the interfacing and so far so good. Don't put your iron on the fleece. Made that mistake. Once.
        I have tried it twice now. The only thing I have not done is the damp cloth. I really can't tell which side is which. I am wondering if I got the wrong product shipped to me.

Comment

The fleece sides should feel a bit different. One smooth, the other has a bit of a bumpy texture.

Comment

I thought you weren't supposed to use steam for fusible anything? The dampness contradicts the fusible absorbtion or something like that.....
            Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

What # fleece is it? I use 987F and it works like a charm!!
              Last edited by bubba; January 12th, 2014, 09:49 PM.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I use pellon TP971F and I haven't had any issues. I love it and use it in all my small projects. I'm thinking because you can't get it to adhere at all, that maybe you don't have a fusible fleece. Did you get a paper with it that gives a description and directions? The fleece side should feel, well...like fleece, and the fusible side should have little bumps all over it. If yours does not look like this, you definitely have the wrong kind.
                Cil
                A quilt is a blanket of love
                http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

You can definitely tell the difference of the adhesive side and the fleece side.
                  Mary
                  SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Did you wash you fabrics and use a fabric softener? Even dryer sheets will keep fabric from adhering to the fusible.
                    Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by coffeebreak View Post
                      I thought you weren't supposed to use steam for fusible anything? The dampness contradicts the fusible absorbtion or something like that.....
                      <shrug>

Pellon's instructions say to use Wool/Steam setting and for an extra strong bond to use a damp cloth. I've never done any different. I do know that when I use decor bond I can't use the damp cloth or it won't stick.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeebreak View Post
                        I think it varies from type to type. Best bet is following manufacturers directions but I know some of the Pellon products use steam. I usually dry set the first side of my Wonder-Under but always use steam to set the second side. (I can't say off the top of my head if that is how the instructions say to do it but it works!)
                        Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Thank you all for your help it turns out I do not have fusible fleece. They shipped me the wrong product.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogott125 View Post
                            Thank you all for your help it turns out I do not have fusible fleece. They shipped me the wrong product.
                            Well that explains it!
                            Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Bummer!

I think even Wal-Mart has fusible fleece, if not, Joann's does.
                              Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                              X