Designer 1 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designer 1 help

I have a designer 1 floppy and I feel like I'm alone with this machine. I bought the machine used from a man whoes wife passed and he wanted to get rid of it. I'm missing the Designer sampler 1 disk........ does anyone know anyhting about this? And the disks with the differnt types of letters doesn't work like the book says it does any help there ?

Anything that you can help me with would be great ........... thanks soooooo much

Re: Designer 1 help

I dont know anything about that machine, but maybe you could try looking on eBay for the sampler disk? Good Luck!!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Is this machine the Husquavarna? I think that is the one my mom and I have. I will double check later for you - heading to work soon. We use it mostly for the embroidery part of it. I do have a Janome also. If this is the same machine, I got mine at Saftlers. We are in Mass. Where are you? Send me a message if you want and we can chat later! Betty

Comment

I mentioned your problem to my mom and she may check in later also to see if we can give you a hand. I have a great lady that may be able to help and some great websites to get designs from! Check back later!

Comment

Yes it is a Husquavarna. When I bought the machine the man was an older man and he said the his wife messed up the disks so he called the place that he bought it from and they sent him new disks. But that has been about 7 or 8 years ago. His wife passed a few years ago and his new wife didnt sew. I have the other disks but if you and your mom could help me that would be fabulous.............. I live in Ga. Thank you, thank you thanks you so much

Comment

Hi, I am institches Mom, and yes that is the machine we have. First, have you contacted the man to ask if he could find the disks? Second the sampler is just a disk with some sample embroidery designs on it. You do not need that disk to use the machine. You can buy embroidery designs on a lot of different sites. The one we use the most is embroidery library (emblibrary.com). Do you have a computer that uses floppies? If you do, you can download the designs onto a floppy and use that in your machine.

We also learned the hard way, that the embroidery arm has to be on the machine in order for you to see and use the disks, so the disk you have may be fine but you are trying to view it without the embroidery arm being attached.

If you don't have a computer that uses floppies, don't dispair, I bought an external floppy drive for about $30 at Best Buy and use that. The lady we bought the machine from works at a local fabric store and she used to transfer the designs for us, but then I bought 3D Embroidery software (old style - newer ones available now) and use that to transfer designs.

Does any of this help? Do you have specific questions? I hope you get this going for you because we love it.
            Jo
            Jo :icon_wave:

Comment

Hello sunflower, nice to meet you

Yes that was one of my questions, did I even need the sample disk. I have put the embroidery arm on but the disk kept saying Files not found.

I did try to contact the man and he said that he couldnt find the disks. The other disks for the lettering ( the Palace script, Clarendon and the Kalligrahia) how do I get those to work? I know that I need to put the disk in but once I do that I dont know where or what to do. I can type in the first letter of what I want but it wont let me type in another letter.

I do have an external drive to copy designs, I'll check out the emblibrary, thank you

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for the help - since I cant hug you I will just throw you a hug ((((((( sunflower)))))) thanks so much

Comment

Oh btw- I just checked out the site and I dont see any designs that are SHV ............. that is the format that I have to use....... am I looking in the wrong place ?

Thanks Kim

Comment

Hi Kim- Glad mom was able to give you some info. I figured that maybe between the 2 of us, we can help. When you are in Emblibrary, click on a design that you like. To the left of the design it shows the price, the size of the design, the amount of stitches and then there is the little box that says pick your format. For us, we click HUS so when they forward the design to us it is in the format for our machine. Then Joanne (mom) will put it on her computer to transfer to a disc for the machine. Does this help? Also, the people at Emb LIbrary are fabulous if you have questions. They have helped me before also.

Comment

Hello institches...... the other question I had was ..............

The other disks for the lettering ( the Palace script, Clarendon and the Kalligrahia) how do I get those to work? I know that I need to put the disk in but once I do that I dont know where or what to do. I can type in the first letter of what I want but it wont let me type in another letter.

Comment

HI-

When you put the disc in the side slot, then push the little disc button on the bottom right that shows on the screen. This will take a minute - we can hear it "whirling". Then it will show a menu screen where you will be able to chose which size font you want - I think there are 3 sizes. See if this works.

Comment

I just re-read your last question. Do you mean you are trying to put the letters together for a name? Did he give you the manual for the machine? If not, you should contact husquavarna's site to see if they can get you a manual.

Comment

As institches mentioned, once you put the disk in your embroidery machine, an icon will show on the bottom right corner of the screen. Push that icon (looks like black file disks). Takes a minute to come up, and will show a menu screen. Each disk can have up to 4 menus. Push the button for menu 1 and it will show you the designs on that menu, choose the one you want and press that picture and it will open up on the screen.

Did you get the instruction book with the machine? If not, ask him if he can find it for you, or see if you can order one from the website. If it's going to take a while to get we could probably scan some info from our book and e-mail to you. Let us know.

Give it a try to see if you can open the menus.
                          Jo

Comment

One other thing, if you are trying to read the disk on your computer it probably won't work without the embroidery software program. I bought mine from a lady who was upgrading to a new program. May be able to find one on e-bay. It is amazing what you can do with it.

Comment

Hi institches and sunflower,

institches yes when I try and put a name in it only lets me put one letter at a time, it wont do a whole name (with the disks). I have a book but it seems to be missing something. The pages are in order but it doesnt explain enough it seems. I will keep looking. I downloaded a book mark design today and I finally got to work on it, I will try and post some pictures of it.

Thank you both so much for your help...... ((((((((( institches and sunflower))))))))

Comment

Working...
                              X