Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

Hey gals (and guys),

I have three luna notte charm packs, a charm pack of kona black, and 2 yards of coordinating black floral from the luna notte line. Was going to do pinwheels, but started wondering if I wouldn't rather do a D9P. I'd love to hear other suggestions - I'm sure it's plenty for a nice lap quilt and maybe a table runner as well?
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: What would you do?

That's a hard choice. D9P is fun but I'm partial to pinwheels. Looking at the prints in the charm packs I think black would really set them off as pinwheels.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Hi deb.... I made some dresdens from luna notte. The fabric is so gorgeous I'm sure you'll love whatever you make. I smiled because bakermom said she is partial to pinwheels and I love the d9p and dresdens. Lots of choices
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
      (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Deb, I vote for D9 only because I'm waiting for a chance to try it.
        Pat

Comment

Mia, I would love to see your Dresdens - don't think you've shared them yet, or did I miss them?
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Deb, Do a D9P, im doing one at the moment, and is fast, simple and fun and the end result is great. but for a decent size quilt you will need at leat 5 packs. below are instruction, just if you need it.
            http://www.popularpatchwork.com/news/article.asp?a=5294
            Maggie
            Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.

Comment

Deb, I just completed doing a variation of a DP9 for a block swap. I enjoyed it and if you added another color for accent, I think it could be stunning. The one I have been involved with was just a two color:

here are the blocks I made - really easy to do and looks like you works really hard.
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
              X