X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon
    replied
    Re: Friendship Braid Binding Tool Quilt Question

I just got a new 'Bali Pop' called Cotton Candy and now I know just what I'm going to do with it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Leave a comment:

• johnsonshouse4
    replied

Gina I made this quilt also. I will post a pic in a bit. How did you quilt yours? I was thinking stitch in the ditch but not sure.

Leave a comment:

• tillenac
    replied

Thank you so much for answering my question. Gina and Wendy both quilts are just beautiful. Can't wait to get started.

Tillena

Leave a comment:

• wendyw1
    replied

Hi Tillena, I have also made the friendship braid quilt, using the binding tool. It was a really great project, very easy and fun to watch it grow. I used Timeless Treasures - Tonga Treats 2 1/2 " wide pack (jelly roll equivalent). I put a 3" border between each row and a 5" outside border (black). The quilt measures 55" x 66" including the borders. I haven't quilted it yet, was thinking of doing stitch in the ditch around the columns and maybe a leafy design around the borders, can't quite decide... if anyone has some ideas/suggestions, I'd be pleased to hear them. Have fun with it Tillena, I wouldn't hesitate at making another one.
    CheersQuilts 015.jpgQuilts 016.jpg
    Wendy

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

Gina, saw your pic. Love it. Gonna have to add this one to my project list (I need a longer piece of paper).

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

I saw it it's beautiful! Gina did a great job! Hugs, Jan

Leave a comment:

• tillenac
    replied

How big did it turn out

Leave a comment:

• ginampls
    replied

in my albums, of my quilts... is the quilt i made fr my father in law , the friendship braid... i used one jelly roll... then got some extra fabric for sashings and border... came out great... would totally do this one again...

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

It's on my to do list. I just got the binding tool to do it so I'll be watching this, too.

Leave a comment:

• tillenac
    started a topic Friendship Braid Binding Tool Quilt Question

Friendship Braid Binding Tool Quilt Question

Has anyone made this quilt? I was wondering how big it turns out using 1 jelly roll (40 strips) and sashing. How big of sashing did you use? I was thinking of using a Bella solid jelly roll for the sashing.

Tillena
Working...
X