Silly Question - INSUL-BRIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly Question - INSUL-BRIGHT

I'm making a Hug-the-Pot Tea Cozy (Pattern) and I want to make it reversible. I bought Insul-bright to use as batting since it reflects the warm/cold back at the source.

The insul-bright says to have the shiny side facing the hot or cold source (ie the teapot). If I want to make my cozy reversible, do I need 2 layers of insul-bright? Or should I just use the one and have one side of the cozy not work quite as well as the other?

Thanks in advance for your insight,
    Leigh

Re: Silly Question - INSUL-BRIGHT

Cute!! I think using 2 layers would make it a little thick to work with. I would only use one....besides just how long are you going to hope to keep the water hot in there anyway?
    Michele

Comment

Good point. I imagine it will be drunk long before it would go cold. lol Thank you.

Comment

I agree with Shell.scraps - love the pattern. Be sure and share the finished results with us??? Promise??
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Here are the results! I put some thoughts on what I would do differently in "Show and Tell"

It was very easy to make and if I knew anyone else who might want one I'd make lots. I'd guess it took me between 1 and 2 hours but I was going slow using my new 1/4 foot. (Can't wait till my replacement even feed foot comes in - mine fell apart the other day.)

For MY teapot going in 6 inches for the slits instead of 8 would have been perfect. You can't see but the slits start right at the base of the pot.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Leigh; March 25, 2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X