Dresden plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dresden plate

I just watched the tutorial on the dresden plate. Jenny uses charm packs and cuts the blades at 5". I was wondering if anyone has used a smaller measurment than 5"? I was thinking about using 2.5". Just wonder how that would look?
    sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Re: Dresden plate

if you look at my avatar real hard - the little white dresdens are 1" - the shorter the blades - the less you will use to complete the circle. Check out my Bubba Turkey - his tail feathers range from 10" to 5" - they were fun and the fan swap blocks we just finished were cut at 7.5" - they are ALL fun, easier than I ever thoguht theywould be and so beautiful!!
    Last edited by pdjewelrylady; March 24, 2011, 04:07 PM.
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I agree with Suzy..all Dresdens are fun to make no matter the size! I love making them. Don't forget to show us your project when your done!
      Angela:icon_bigsmile:

Comment

What a great idea! I would never have thought to make them smaller! I need to think outside the box!
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I was thinking about cutting a charm pack square in half. You would get four blades out of one square that way, right? Anyway, pdjewelrylady, I can't see your avatar very well, but thanks for the info. I think I well try it and see what happens. Angela, I will be sure to post a pic. Rebecca, I am not usually one to think outside the box either. I think the fact that I wanted to get more blades out of a charm pack is what made me think about it. Thanks everyone for the help. I love this forum, don't you!!??
          sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X