Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the blues?

Hi my favorite quilting addicts.....

I want to make a quilt called Daisy Chain from blue fabrics. Does anyone know of a blue (royal to light) jelly roll? I'm not having any luck locating one.

Thanks and big hugs in advance,
    Mia
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Re: Got the blues?

Do you want a solid blue? Or just lot of blues in the fabric line?? There is quite a bit of blue in this line. I hope this helps.

Comment

Hi sew...... sorry I wasn't more specific. I'm looking for a line of blues that is mostly patterned.

Great minds think alike? lol. I have Morris Tapestry and I've considered using it....but I really wanted something more blue and white.

Hugs hon
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

Comment

You could always cut your own if you can find the fabrics you like. I picked up this cutter template thing that made making strips SO easy. (The Shape Cut Ruler) I could never cut good strips until I got one. Worth the $25 bucks I spent on it. IMO

Comment

Have you tried ETSY? Several have pre cuts washed, dried, ironed and cut in palettes from yardage.
          Great prices too!
          In addition to all there that has manufactured jelly rolls of all kinds.

Which reminds me: I always wash ALL fabrics to get rid of ev bleeding, shrinkage
          and stuff not good for wee ones.
          However after starting to quilt I purchased fat quarters and did as usual but Jelly rolls I steam ironed as there would be no tomorrow +washed the finished work before given away.

What do YOU do?

Hugs
          Last edited by Emmari; March 19, 2011, 05:00 AM.
          Fabric purchases require no justification!
          A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

I usually wash my fabric first (definately the reds, purples, and blacks with a dye catcher). But never wash the precuts until I'm finished with the quilt. I never give away a quilt that isn't washed at least one time.

Hugs,
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I can't find a moda jelly roll in just blue, they tend to have more colours in the ranges. I've had a quick look around and I found this one by Island Batik. I don't know how you feel about batik fabrics, some people find them too busy but I think they can make beautiful quilts.

They don't sell these at Missouri Star but if you google "island batik sea holly" you'll find a whole list of places where you can get it.
              Quilting through the dull times
              northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you so very much...... that is totally gorgeous. (Off to look at them now)

Hugs
                Mia
                ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                Mia

Comment

Working...
                X