Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interfacing

Hi Everyone:

I have seen patterns for cosmetic bags requiring interfacing. They don't seem to explain the process. I went out and purchased some off a bolt (not even sure which kind). My question is "how the heck do you use it" ??? I'm not sure if you sandwich it in between your lining and your front fabric or what. Do you sew it or iron it???

Any help would be appreciated
    :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Re: Interfacing

It depends which kind you've bought, there are both iron-on and sew-in kinds. You should be able to tell by looking. If one side has a bobbly surface, this is the glue that melts when you iron it so that is iron-on. If both sides are the same then it is sew-in.

I've only used iron-on so I can tell you how to use that. Cut a bit of interfacing slightly larger than the bag piece you want to cut out, iron it onto the reverse of the fabric and then cut your pieces out as normal. It's pretty simple, just follow the instructions for ironing it on which should be found on the selvage of the interfacing.

Hope that helps
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Re: Interfacing

Thank you sooooo much. Sounds simplier than I thought. I will give it a try.

Thx
      :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
      X