Does anyone have a Accuquilt Go cutter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a Accuquilt Go cutter?

I was just wondering if anyone out there uses the Accuquilt Go for your quilting. I bought mine a few months ago and really like it. I love how fast I can cut out a quilt using the dies. Annette

Re: Does anyone have a Accuquilt Go cutter?

Don't have one yet, it is next on my list of purchases when I get back to work !!!! I hate cutting ! lol

Kelley

Comment

I love mine. It saves huge amount of time. I got mine last year at the Lancaster quilt show. My hubby let me splurge and get a set with thhe cutter, roller bag, and lots of dies. Well worth it when you are challenged when it comes to measuring correctly.
      Suzette

Comment

Yes i bought one in Dec for my birthday.I cut all my D9P squares .The handle fell off and you have to use the length wise grain that i didn't know.I'm waiting for the quilt expo the first of April I'm hoping to find Dies on sale.Connie C

Comment

I'm so daunted by that large piece of fabric and cutting it down to the right size and getting things square. With the cutter do you cut yoru fabric into strips to run through the machine? How big/long can your strips be? Is there much waste?
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I have the go and I love it, especially for cutting strips. There are several sites you can get tutorials on the use of the cutter. I found that I like the most(b-quilt .com) on this site there is a blog and videos you can watch...very good. Also I've found that if you go to quilting warehouse site and print out their prices for the dies and mats, you can then take that to Joann's and they will match their prices.
            SassyG

Comment

Good ideas. I also did a search on Google for u-tube's got all kinds of videos on the Accuquilt Go. What is everyone working on? I'm doing a Double Wedding ring right now and it was so easy cutting it out on the Accuquilt.

Comment

I recently saw the baby-go-accuquilt. Nice and compact and a better price. Not sure oif it works as well but something to ponder
                sigpic
                Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Sally,that's the one i bought.I only have the 5" die.Connie C

Comment

I have it and LOVE it! My handle is squeaky as all get out but it is only in one direction. I am a horrible cutter and this makes it so I can actually quilt with what i cut! Keep an eye out at the accuquilt site too. they have daily deals you can click the link on their home page. i got a set of dies on sale there on one of the daily deals.
                    Last edited by Jess1377; March 20, 2011, 03:37 PM.
                    Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Afternoon Sassyg!

I also love it for cutting the 2 1/2" strips; however, have you had any issues with them not cutting the ends? I end up having to use my rotary cutter to finish the job. I MUST be doing something wrong, but can't find anything on line about it. They are supposed to be continuous strips, but mine end up being half (the same length as the die)

Originally posted by sassyg View Post
                      I have the go and I love it, especially for cutting strips. There are several sites you can get tutorials on the use of the cutter. I found that I like the most(b-quilt .com) on this site there is a blog and videos you can watch...very good. Also I've found that if you go to quilting warehouse site and print out their prices for the dies and mats, you can then take that to Joann's and they will match their prices.
                      SassyG

Comment

Hi Dpaulson512, if you want to cut a continous strip, goto you tube and put in title (How wto cut 2.5 strips with accuquilt go. You will find a wonderful tutorial on how to fold your fabric to get a proper cut. Hope this will help.

Comment

I love mine, but I have trouble w/ turning the crank due to arthritis & scleroderma...talked to them at IQF-Houston about coming up w/ a motor attachment. I get my family to run the fabric thru once in a while...really hope they do add a motorized attachment.
                          You can buy dies on Amazon and check out Accucut, A sister Co. that makes dies for paper, they work on fabric too.

Comment

The thing i don't like is on the corner of my 5" die it alway's leaves a couple of threads i have to pull out.

Comment

Originally posted by tadvr View Post
                              I love mine, but I have trouble w/ turning the crank due to arthritis & scleroderma...talked to them at IQF-Houston about coming up w/ a motor attachment. I get my family to run the fabric thru once in a while...really hope they do add a motorized attachment.
                              You can buy dies on Amazon and check out Accucut, A sister Co. that makes dies for paper, they work on fabric too.
                              Thats a good idea you came up with about a motorized attachment. Have you tried the other dies made specifically for paper? I have been curious about it and if they would work too?
                              Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                              X