Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exercises for wrists sore from hand quilting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exercises for wrists sore from hand quilting?

Sewbee, love and hugs to you as well, sadly cancer is all too prevalent in our lives now, I'm pleased that the lymphedema hasn't deterred you. May God bless the man that invented the sewing machine, he was definitely a keeper, even if he did do it for commercial reasons rather than to make his wife's live more enjoyable.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
      NO NO! worst case scenario, you quilt more with your machine. I know it's not the same as hand quilted which is an art in it's own right, but machine work can be amazing as well...let the machine do the work, that's why we invented them after all.
      But I don't know how to machine quilt. I already learned how to machine piece. I originally hurt my hand when I was hand sewing, so moving to machine piecing helped a lot with that. But machine quilting is something I have not been able to figure out.

Comment

Andrilla - just hang around, keep reading posts, we're most of us in the same boat with you. Check out some of the stitch in the ditch tutorials, then some free motion quilting . . . it will become natural for you . . . as I hope it becomes for me, too.
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Lynn,that's all i do is machine quilt.Just put the feed dogs down and practice.I'm new here. Connie

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
            Andrilla - just hang around, keep reading posts, we're most of us in the same boat with you. Check out some of the stitch in the ditch tutorials, then some free motion quilting . . . it will become natural for you . . . as I hope it becomes for me, too.
            I'll check them out! I hope to eventually get one of the big machines that are super expensive and take up the whole side of a room. They attack to a quilt rack, and I'm doing a terrible job describing it, but that is what I want. A Mennonite (or maybe Old German Baptist, there are a lot of different groups near here..) told me that the machine cost ore than her car. I REALLY want one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrilla View Post
              I'll check them out! I hope to eventually get one of the big machines that are super expensive and take up the whole side of a room. They attack to a quilt rack, and I'm doing a terrible job describing it, but that is what I want. A Mennonite (or maybe Old German Baptist, there are a lot of different groups near here..) told me that the machine cost ore than her car. I REALLY want one of those.
              We all REALLY want one and wish we could justify the cost . . .
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I would make a rice bag,then just heat it and put it on you wrist.

Comment

Oh, I'll justify the cost somehow. I'm really good at saving money (translation: I'm cheap, except with specific things), and if I ask my family to put money towards that for Christmas/birthdays/graduation with my masters degree (and almost no student loans!), then that should chop off a good bit of the cost over a couple of years. I've seen some for $5,000, better looking ones for $7,000, and that is just browsing around without really looking into brand names or considering used machines. It will be years before I get it, but I WILL get one.

Comment

Working...
                  X