Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name This Pattern!!!!!!

DDCross.jpg

I would like to make this pattern for a friend's wedding, but can't seem to find either the pattern or the name of the pattern! I'm going to use the Timeless Treasures Tonga Strips in Meringue and then another darker neutral for the side traingles.......
    Help please!!!!!!

Re: Name This Pattern!!!!!!

Amy I am sorry to say that I can not help you with a name for this design but it is a reasonably simple layout and should not be too difficult to figure out. It would help to know the size of that quilt but as an example, if they are strip pieced jelly roll strips in the middle then they are likely 10" blocks. So it is as simple as strip piecing a jelly roll and adding the appropriate corner pieces. This could also be done with a nice striped fabric.

Good luck with the project, it is a nice design and I'm sure your friend will love it.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Amy, I think this is the lattice pattern. There is a quilt in the background of one of Jenny's tutorials and it has the same pattern. So I think that what it is. I can't tell you were to look for it cause I don't remember the tutorial that I saw it in. Sorry. Hugs, Jan L
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gKvdrexKE4

Not quite the same pattern, but close!
        ~Mary
        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Yes that's the pattern on the wall behind Jenny. Dosen't that look like the right pattern? It's called the Lattice pattern.
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

That pattern behind Jenny does look a bit like it, but this one that you want to make is two blocks - the lattice with right angle triangles on either side of it and then an hour glass. Simple pattern. Decide how large you would like your blocks to be and go from there. I use graph paper to work these things out. Just draw the block and then add quarter inch seam allowance on all sides for each piece of the block. If you want help working it out give me the block size you want. I'll figure it out for you.
            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

This would be a great quilt pattern for using those honey buns! I know we're always looking for ways to use the bun. I bet it would work with charms for the hour glass blocks and then the honey buns for the lattice. I like this pattern! Thanks. I'm going to keep this one in mind. Oh no, more reasons to buy pre-cuts - yikes!!! Spend that money, baby!!!

Comment

Now that I look closer at the pattern and wall quilt side by side, I guess it could be the same pattern. The backgrounds on both are different colors, that threw me off. It does look like the quilt behind Jenny is a "tighter" lattice than the drawn out pattern.
                Either way, I love the look of this pattern!
                ~Mary
                As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Now that I look at that pattern again. I'm wrong!!! It really is just one block repeated over and over, isn't it? That makes it even easier. I still think it would be fun to use the honey bun and then cut the charms in half for the large triangles in the block.

Comment

Working...
                  X