Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your favorite quilting notions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blondie
    replied
    Re: What are your favorite quilting notions?

My favorite or most used items when I am quilting are:
    my reading glasses
    my iron
    seam ripper
    thimbles (I am a three finger thimbler)
    quilting magazines (to keep me inspired)

Leave a comment:

• sewmuchjan
    replied

I love all my stuff, cuz I can do anything with them all. But my biggest favorite quilting notions are all of you my guilty friends. You are the best.

God Bless
    Jan G.

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

Rotary cutter, mat, long quilt pins,seam ripper(not really a fav. but necessary) and my new favoite tool the tumbler template.

Leave a comment:

• sassyg
    replied

Like all of you there are so many quilting notions to have as a favorite but for me I would have to say other than my accuquilt go, would be a good pair of sissors.

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

ugh! I just re read my last post. what awful grammar. 'xcuse me please.

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

... along with the items others mentioned.....one of my bigggg favorites is called QTools Sewing Edge. I was having real issues with my 1/4" seems until I bought this. It really has helped and its sister, Cutting Edge have really helped.

Hugs
    Mia

Leave a comment:

• suzette58
    replied

Like many of the other members my seam ripper and my Accuquilt Go cutter.

Leave a comment:

• quiltnut
    replied

I can't do without my quilt ruler,rotary cutter,self healing mat.Dresden plate, double wedding ring,binding tool,seam rippper,triangle rulers square rulers in diff sizes.
    New needles,serger threads,variety of embroidery threads.

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I think she's pulling our leg(s). I can't find 'his' FB page . . .
    He's there, Sandy..I only speak the truth! LOL

Check the spelling.

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
    Mary that level of devotion to your machine is ... um ... impressive.

Would you care to elaborate on the reason behind the name? Inquiring minds want to know!

OK, just darned nosey!
    My sister started it...lol She named her machine Jarome Catrone (I have no idea why!) so when I got my Janome QDC, I used the QDC initials to come up with a name, but kept the Catrone name...lol

The facebook page is used for all the quilting/quilting related pages I vist, it sure cuts down on the number of ads on my regualr fb page and I dont miss updates from my family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
    Would I sound totally crazy if I said my sewing machine has a name (Quentin B. Catrone) and also his very own face book page?
    I think she's pulling our leg(s). I can't find 'his' FB page . . .

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    Don't forget the wonderful bias binding tools! It's hard for me to say which tool is my favorite. Each one becomes my favorite as it's doing its job. I have to say I've used lots of different seam rippers but I've discovered the one made by Clover with the white handle and black ridged rubber grip is my absolute favorite. It's nice and sharp and very thin so it gets into those tiny stitches really well. It's a little pricier than the typical ones but well worth the extra bit of cash. Somewhere I recently saw someone using a different technique I'd never seen before to remove stitches. I've been putting it into practice and it works really well. It's so simple and takes away the fear of ripping the fabric. On one side of the stitching slip the ripper under every 3rd or 4th stitch along the seam cutting the stitches as you go. At the end, just separate the seam and gently pull. The seam will come apart. I don't know who or where this tip came from but it works really well for me. Such a simple thing! Why I didn't figure it out myself is beyond me.
    You-Tube (Ripping out unwanted stitches demo) shows this technique

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Don't forget the wonderful bias binding tools! It's hard for me to say which tool is my favorite. Each one becomes my favorite as it's doing its job. I have to say I've used lots of different seam rippers but I've discovered the one made by Clover with the white handle and black ridged rubber grip is my absolute favorite. It's nice and sharp and very thin so it gets into those tiny stitches really well. It's a little pricier than the typical ones but well worth the extra bit of cash. Somewhere I recently saw someone using a different technique I'd never seen before to remove stitches. I've been putting it into practice and it works really well. It's so simple and takes away the fear of ripping the fabric. On one side of the stitching slip the ripper under every 3rd or 4th stitch along the seam cutting the stitches as you go. At the end, just separate the seam and gently pull. The seam will come apart. I don't know who or where this tip came from but it works really well for me. Such a simple thing! Why I didn't figure it out myself is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Mary that level of devotion to your machine is ... um ... impressive.

Would you care to elaborate on the reason behind the name? Inquiring minds want to know!

OK, just darned nosey!

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

Well my first love is my machine - but after that I am really loving my dresden tool and the Simple EZ binding tool. I have another one for making spiffy matching ends when binding - but I haven't figured that one out yet!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X