I Need Cheerleaders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Cheerleaders!

I am trying to finish a quilt that was requested for a 6 yo girl. My heels have been dragging from start to finish. The more I work on it, the more I hate, hate, hate it! (I love traditional patterns, pastels and flowers!)

The fabric is Rock n' Roses from Northcott. It has a rock star theme, purple flames, and skulls. I drew the line at the skulls.

I need to get this quilt done. Please cheer me on. I need the support.

'Genie in WV

Re: I Need Cheerleaders!

Hopefully this young person is someone you care about. Focus on her instead of the fabric. You can do it!!!! Think how good you'll feel when it's done and you don't have to look at it anymore. Just think about how happy you'll make her when she receives the quilt. The longer you procrastinate the longer you have it hanging over your head. I'm a firm believer in forging ahead no matter what! Go team go!!!
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Genie,
      I just love the theme of the quilt you have to make. It actually sounds similar to what my "six" year old has been asking me to make for her. Six year olds are very forgiving and I'm not sure how long you have been dragging your heels but my suggestions are to have a conversation with the six year old to find out what she loves about the choices of fabrics, and try to get into her head to get yourself excited about the project (I hope this makes sense) I suggest you then make a commitment to her and yourself as to when you will complete the quilt, mark it on the calendar, and trust me, she will be your number one cheerleader. I do this with my six year grandaughter and it works for me. I send you a big hug and lots of good wishes for a speedy quilt.
      Sue

Comment

Go, Genie, Go!
        Go, Genie, Go!
        G-E-N-I-E GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

She scores!!!

She's finished the quilt.

She's happy.

She's making another quilt from pastels and roses.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
          WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
          we believe in you!
          Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
          hugs, Suzi
          http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
          it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

GO GENIE GO!!!!

~Mary
            As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Thanks, Gals!

No, the child doesn't know she is getting the quilt. I am glad of that. I know she will love it.

I have committed myself to spend the next several days working only on this quilt. Tonight I cut,
              tomorrow I sew!

'Genie

Comment

GO GENIE GO! Are you still up cutting? You COULD start sewing it tonight, you know.

Hugs,
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I'm with the party that says the sooner it's done the sooner you don't have to look at it anymore!

Just think about that smile on her face when she sees what you have made for her. THAT is my favorite part.

Every now and then we need to step outside of our comfort zone, just to see what it is like. You don't have to say there long, but the adventure is often worth it.

You can do this! Go You!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Quilting Trish and All,

I did sew last evening until 1 am. As I sewed, I felt more positive about how it was going together. I need to rip on one side of 4 blocks to get the 1/4 inch seam. I hate to rip but the majority of the 13 blocks look good. After I get the square in a square blocks done (I am half-way there) I am hoping the borders will go quickly.

My dh is not going to be home until 9 pm so I should be able to get a lot done.

When I woke this morning about 7:45 am, our power was off because of the severe thunderstorms that when though. Thank goodness it came back on within 2 hours. I thought that I wouldn't be sewing today.

OH! The power just went out again!!! DRAT! I guess I will work on cutting the borders. I may need to get a dedicated generator for my machines

I am nervous about this quilt since it is only my second one. Also I plan to machine quilt it and I have never done that before. I always jump in head first, but at least I jump!!!

Thanks again for the encouragement. I always work better when I am accountable

Comment

Who's the girl who needs to sew
                      It is Genie that we know
                      She will finish that's for sure
                      Cause it's for her baby girl!
                      GO GENIE!
                      sigpic
                      Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Working...
                      X