Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas?

I would love to make something but all I have right now are fairly large scraps and many small ones. I cannot find or figure out where to start to make anything. I have only made a few simple small quilts and want to make one that is bigger to "at least cover my feet!" as my son says. Where do I go or get ideas? There are too many ideas out there to narrow it down. How on earth do I figure out where to start?

Re: Ideas?

I think the best thing for you (at least if it were me) would be to sort through my scraps and separate the larger pieces from the smaller ones. Then I would get some sort of ruler (doesn't matter what size) and start cutting either squares or strips until I had enough to make something out of it.

But again, that's just me. Or you just start surfing the Internet looking at "free" quilt patterns until you found something you liked.

That's my two cents, for whatever it's worth.

Comment

this site has thousands of free patterns
      http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html
      Patrice

Comment

Originally posted by Tslave57 View Post
        I think the best thing for you (at least if it were me) would be to sort through my scraps and separate the larger pieces from the smaller ones. Then I would get some sort of ruler (doesn't matter what size) and start cutting either squares or strips until I had enough to make something out of it.

But again, that's just me. Or you just start surfing the Internet looking at "free" quilt patterns until you found something you liked.

That's my two cents, for whatever it's worth.
        That's what i do, too. It's amazing what you can come up with jst from scraps. I bought the tumbler template and found I could use it on a lot of my scraps. now i need to try the 1//2 hex. on the rest to use them up, too!
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I also purchased the tumbler and the hexagon templates. I believe they are going to be wonderful for making a scrappy quilt or two! lol

Are you familiar with Moda Bake Shop and also each of the fabric manufactures for free patterns on them. Check them out. There are many free patterns out there. Just have to spend the time surfing the web.

Hope you find the one that is just right for you!
          Leisa
          From ~ Gateway to Yosemite Nat'l Park, CA

Comment

Working...
          X