Bought fabric.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought fabric.......

Yesterday we went to Lancaster, went to see the Amish and some nice quilt hopefully.......

My DH and son and daughter left me in a super nice quiltshop, with quilts on the walls and they were all very very pretty.
    I was ready to buy some stuff and saw a beautiful jellyroll, since I never made a JL Race Quilt, I knew what I wanted and got the Jellyroll, it is soooo pretty, I wanted to add borders and found 2 nice fabrics to go with it, went to the Amish girl that was working there and asked how much fabric I would need for 2 border.......she looked at me like I was talking Russian........so I explained again in my best English
    She looked again at the fabrics and the JellyRoll and said..............I have no idea, I don't quilt

She was the only girl working in that big shop, so I had no clue what to get......
    I've got 1 yard inner border and 1,5 yard outher border.........anyone know if I have enough?

I also got a nice jl at Joanns, and 2 fatquarter bundels of 5.....might get some more of both, the fatquarters are flanel and so soft and nice colors!!!
    And 6 quilt magazines.....

Still having a great time, went to Washington today, tomorrow Cleveland and on to Michigan.

Hugs to all from Jan, Robert, Roselique and myself.
    (I will include a picture of Jan and I, so now you all have a face to go with the name of my DH, at the Hard Rock Cafe in NYC))
    Attached Files
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: Bought fabric.......

Sounds like you are enjoying your trip, thus far. I hope you brought enough luggage to get all your fabrics home......or plan on leaving some clothes behind!

Comment

I am sorry to hear about the quilt shop and not getting the help you need. When you get your jelly rolls from joanns, before you leave the area check the jelly rolls. I just purchased two and went to use them for a JRR quilt, but when I openned the rolls they were not cut right. They had a large v shape where the fold was. I ended up returning the rolls and getting something else. I hope you have fun exploring the quilt shops, I am very jealous.

Comment

I'm sorry I can't tell you if you bought enough fabric for your borders. I think it depends on the size of your quilt and the size of your borders. Hopefully some who does them a lot, Jellyroll Queen Jean, may be able to help you. I usually have a rule when purchasing fabric and I'm not sure how much I'll need. If I really like it, I buy 2.5 yards or meters. It will be used, one way or the other. I hope you continue to enjoy your trip and your F.A.R.T. (Fabric Acquisition Road Trip). Make sure you post pictures of you new addition. Especially being able to visit so many places,
        Last edited by Precious1; July 28, 2013, 11:08 PM.
        "Trust in The Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In everything you do acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5,6

Come Join the Fun
        Fall Mug Rug Swap & Secret Santa 2013
        Patriotic Christmas Stocking

Comment

I would leave the clothes behind! Can't wait to see what you create with your haul.

Fabric = Best souveiniers (how is that spelled?)
          Donna

Comment

Klasien, what a sweet picture of you and your sweet Jan. What a wonderful trip this has been for you. I'm so happy you share it with us here. Blessings for you. ~Sheri
            sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Let me see, I attempt to help you. But please ask someone else to make sure I am not telling you nonsense, JRR Queen Jean should be able to confirm if I am telling nonsense or not. If your JR has 40 strips and you are planning on making a traditional Jelly Roll Race, the finished size should be around 50x64 inches. Calculated on this size you should be able to make from your bought yardage an inner border of 4 inches (requires 3/4 yard of fabric, 6 strips to cut) and an outer border of 6 inches (1 1/3 yard, 7 strips to cut). I used the Quilting Calculator app by Robert Kaufman to calculate this. I hope this is correct, please ask for a 2nd opinion

I am so happy to see that you are enjoying your trip Looking forward to see what you are making out of your shoppings Have a nice time in the US!

Hugs,

Steffie
              ~* Steffie *~

Life is like a party. You invite a lot of people; some go, some join you, some laugh with you, some didn’t come. But in the end, after the fun, there would be a few who would clean up the mess with you. And most of the time, those were the uninvited ones.

My AWESOME new blog (hey, I like it ;)) http://evilynnigirl.blogspot.fi
              /
              Add me on Facebook: Steffie Eronen

Comment

You should be fine on your border fabric. Sounds like you are making the most of your trip.
                K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

I also think you will be fine with what you purchased for your borders......glad you are enjoying the US.....love the photo of you and your hubby...looks like a keeper to me!

Comment

You go

Way to go girl, sounds like you are having fun in the fabric stores! You'll have plenty of reading material for the plane trip back home!
                    Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Oh the two of you look so adorable!!!! Glad to hear you are enjoying your trip so far. No help with the fabric as I always chicken out and just buy 4 yards of each (as I will always find some use for the leftovers )
                      Sandy B.
                      "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

Does your wonderful husband know that guy you are hanging on at the Hard Rock?

So great to see you both up close and personal. Sounds like you are having a truly fantastic trip.
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Klasien, I hope you travel with empty luggage to have enough space for all the beautiful "bring homes" ..... have fun and enjoy

Comment

Enjoy our USA!!!! Looks like your having a ball... you are beautiful couple, I can see that!!! hugs, B
                            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Your hubby is as handsome as you are beautiful. I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time on this trip.
                              Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X