pin wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pin wheels

If I make the pin wheels from the tutorial will they be 5 " like the charms?

Re: pin wheels

I just made a pin wheel quilt using the tutorial and they ended up being just under 6 inchs each. a little more that 5 3/4 .. some trimming cud make it whatever you want it tho.

By the way.. i loved the finished product.. the quilt was soo pretty. love the pinwheels.

Comment

Thanks, I will just have to try some. I thought I would mix the pinwheels with some charms. Im new to quilting sometimes I thinjk too much about things I should just try it. Thanks again

Comment

You can use the charms to make the pin wheels.

Jan L
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I alternated a pinwheel then a solid in a throw blanket size. worked great. i used 2 charm packs for the pinwheels then bot a coordinating fabric for the solid.
          cant wait to see a pic of your finished project

Missie.

Comment

Missie, you can do anything you want to do. There are no quilt police here. I'm sure your stuff is better than mine. I can't show anything because I don't have cords to hook up my camera to the computer and download my pics. Besides, I've only made a tote, some wallets, a table runner, and now I'll be making this black and white fan block swap. I'm hoping to come up with something that will show off my blocks good. This will be my first quilt. While I wait for the blocks to come back from Florida I'll be quilting my husbands wall hanging of steam engines. He loves anything train. lol I'll tell you what everyone tells me.... "Just go for it girl". lol Hugs, Jan L
            P.S. I did take a hand quilting course which I love to do. And I have an orange peel wall hanging to do in black and white with little bits of red. It's applique, which I'm finding I really enjoy.

Comment

Redwat, where in NY are you. I am in Western NY in the Finger Lakes Region. It's wine country. I live in a little town called Hopewell just outside of Canandaigua. Maybe we could meet sometime. Hugs, Jan L

Comment

Thanks Missie and Jan for you response. I was going to do a pinwheel and a charm too but the pinwheel ended up smaller that the charm...never thought of cutting the charm smaller,lol. This site is great cause I get to" talk" things out and get some ideas and input. I havent figured out how to post a pic on here yet. I tried to post my Minkee baby blanket on another thread and just couldnt do it. I guess I will have to get the hubby to help.
                Jan I know where Canidaugua (sp?) is have been there beautiful. I live about 1hr south of Buffalo in a small town near Arcade. I work in Rochester 2 or 3 days a week so maybe we can get together sometime, thanks again for your response. Agood day to go sew getting at least 6 inches of snow

Comment

Sorry ..the pinwheel ended up bigger than the charm.

Comment

Oh - can't wait to see a photo when you have the opportunity to post one. I usually ask my husband to help me too since when I do it, I end up saving it in some file never to be seen again - haha!

Don't try to think things through too much - lesson learned here. I put off making a huge 4 Patch Posey for my sister cause I couldn't decide on the fabrics, then I was scared to cut in to the material in case I cut it wrong (now, mind you - I had yards and yards of different sage greens and buttery creams to choose from so it's not like I would have ruined too much of the fabric), and from start to finish it took me about 3-4 years until it was finally finished. And the pattern and cutting wasn't that hard in the end.
                    And sometimes I procrastinate on what pattern to make with this or that beautiful Jelly Roll or piece of fabric. So, I put it aside until I make that 'major' decision. I am trying to get better at just jumping in cause you certainly can't see all the beautiful designs if it just sits folded up or rolled up on the table looking at you. In fact, they aren't looking at me - they are screaming "Use me!" haha!

Hope you have a good day sewing.
                    Hugs,
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Working...
                    X