Rag Quilt Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rag Quilt Help Please

I was wondering if someone might help me. I am making a Double size RQ for mu DSL and am using Tanya Whelan Delilah fabric for the top and white flannel for the middle and pink flannel for the back

I have done small RQ for my DGC in the past using just a piece of flannel on the top and a piece for the back so just 2 pieces of fabric and they were perfect for the kids.

This will be the 1st time I am using quilt cotton for the top and 2 pieces of flannel...middle and back.

My question is should I wash all fabrics before starting the RQ?

I never washed the flannel when doing the 2 layers RQ for the kids...I always use good flannel...R. Kaufman flannel when making RQs and never had a problem with shrinkage since both sides were the same kind/make of flannel. But since I am using cotton and flannel should I wash them 1st

Re: Rag Quilt Help Please

I made one like that about 4 years ago for a granddaughter; didn't wash any of it and it has held up well with many washings so far!
    :icon_wave: Linda
    "Home is where they love you"

Comment

same here . . I've never wash before RQing
      2015 is here
      Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

You might take a piece of the flannel and wash it to make sure it doesn't fade. I did check my flannels for that before I used them, esp. reds. Good flannel should be fine, but it pays to do that, at least. Mine have not shrunk so far without prewashing
        :icon_wave: Linda
        "Home is where they love you"

Comment

I made one using homespun on front and flannel on the back... Never washed any of it and its been about 4-5 years and still going strong!! Lol I refuse to prewash and I've been lucky!

Comment

Working...
          X