X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patticakes
    replied
    Re: My next HELP request

A trick I use for color is put things mostly togther then look at while squinting. Predominate colors usually stick out or you can imagine what a color might look good as a sashing. When I squint at this I can see yellow sashing calling out to me, but it is a matter of taste and consideration of who you are making it for.
    Anyway you do it...I am thinking I will love it!
    Patti

Leave a comment:

• Texsam
    replied

Not sure about the sashing, but I like the gingham. They are cute!

Leave a comment:

• lhayes1976
    replied

How about a black and white floral of some kind?

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

go with the polka dot idea. Your gut is always right, Sandy. SusieQ wouldn't steer you wrong.

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

That's going to be an adorable quilt!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Would you believe I'd thought about doing polka-dots but wasn't sure I could pull it off. I had to stabilize the gingham because a lot of the pieces I used were fairly light-weight. Since this is for a little girl I was having the most trouble deciding on a color for the sashing . . . I do have some pink and brown checks in there so maybe I'll go with the brown. And, as bakermom asked, I was wondering if I could get by with doing a bias sashing . . .

I'll keep playing with it. I don't know what color polka-dots I have in my stash.

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

SO cute! I love gingham!! I think the polka dot idea is a good one. Another thought-although it would probably be a pain-Stabilizer some gingham and cut the sashing on the bias??

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    replied

Cute! Suzyque's idea of polka dots sounds cool - isn't quilting fun!!

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Sandy that is sooooooooo wonderful. I too love the happy colors and the idea of using polka dots as sashing.
    I've been considering quilting with ginghams but was discouraged by the fear of fraying. Have you had any issues with your pretty ginghams?

Friday Hugs
    Mia

Leave a comment:

• SuzyQue
    replied

I know this might sound crazy, but did you think about polka dots in different sizes and colors to off set.....use as sashing. If you can find some of the same colors (mostly actually) as in the ginghams, it would repeat the dot theme. I have used ginghams and polka dots together a lot with 1930 reproductions and it really works. Such happy colors! Wouldn't hurt to just try some strips on your design wall and see what it looks like! Good luck! SuzyQue

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    started a topic My next HELP request

My next HELP request

I'm doing this dot-to-dot 'rip-off' quilt top for my 2YO DGD using different gingham checks - sizes and colors. I've just randomly stuck them on my design wall and realize I need sashing to set them off - but I can't decide what to use . . . help me get through this dilemma. Anyone have any ideas?

Zoe's Quilt.JPG
Working...
X