Paper pieced method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper pieced method

I just saw a tut on making a string quilt pillow using the paper pieced method. Is this method better than just sewing your strips together. Not quite understanding why one uses this method?
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Re: Paper pieced method

I use it on more diffulcult designs. your blocks will come out perfect everytime. I couldn't make some of those diffulcult designs without it. A pain in the butt to tear all that paper off but its worth it for perfect blocks sometimes
    Patrice

Comment

Re: Paper pieced method

Hi and once again, welcome back!
      When I did my huge string quilt, I used a muslin foundation - like paper but obviously, keep the muslin foundation. If you are doing just strings to make a block, for myself I find it better suited than paper.
      I prefer paper piecing for complex blocks and sharp points and for all around accuracy.

Once I had the blocks joined, I used flannel for the backing. I counted the strings as the top, the muslin foundation as the batting and the flannel for the backing. Easy peasy.
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
      X