X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrchapman
    replied
    Re: Looking for a 12.5" block

If you're feeling confident this one is really striking and has a lot of angles. I think you could do a lot with it if you use different fabrics:

I haven't done it myself but she seems to have clear instructions and includes the templates so it may be a good one. It's a 12.5" unfinished (12" finished) block. Here's the link to the instructions: Vermont 12" block

Leave a comment:

• Sewbee
    replied

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I must be brain dead today. I was wracking my brain to think if I'd ever seen a quilt block that looked like a honey or bumble bee . . . . .
    LOL...Sandy! You and me both. I was starting to look through my quilt patterns....I know I have a bumblebee pattern in there somewhere!

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Sandy,
    There is a block called honey bee. It involves applique which is why I haven't made one, but they are cute! I prefer to piece as I can do that faster.
    In this case, I do believe that she was referring to a quilting bee though! Trust me I think we have all had those moments.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by sarahgw View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am stumped on a block for a bee.
    I must be brain dead today. I was wracking my brain to think if I'd ever seen a quilt block that looked like a honey or bumble bee . . . . .

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

sarahgw - is your block 12.5" finished or unfinished? Unfinished is before you sew it to either sashing or another block. This can make a difference if you are making a pattern with points like a pinwheel. That extra half inch can mean that you loose all of the tips on the outer edges of your block. (It is not a pretty sight.)
    Happy block hunting!

Leave a comment:

• Patrice
    replied

here is a site i use for patterns. you could be on there for days. they also have them listed in block size as well http://www.quilterscache.com/

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Hi Sara

I think just about any pieced block is going to have angles in it and any block can be adapted to be a 12" block, even if that means making 4 x 6" blocks and joining them together. Here are a couple links to pattern sites I use, just have a browse through till you find something you like.

http://quiltinglibrary.blogspot.com/

http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpa...t_patterns.htm

Leave a comment:

• sarahgw
    started a topic Looking for a 12.5" block

Looking for a 12.5" block

Hi Everyone,

I am stumped on a block for a bee. Its my choice of colors, the theme is angles and we can interpret it how we want. Any suggestions?

S
Working...
X