X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debinmalaga
    replied
    Re: need some advice

Aw, the tag blanket sounds adorable... and here I would have thought it was just a typo :-).

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

it's a small square about 12-14", minkie on one side, satin or flannel on the other. You sew different widths/textures of folded ribbons spaced out along each edge. babies like to feel the different textures. i thinnk the name band is "taggie".
    you know how some babies like the feel of satiny blanket binding? this gives them something small to carry and comfort themselves.
    my gd liked to rub the blanket on her cheek to put herself to sleep but always ended up covering her head up. That worried her mama so grandma to the rescue with a tiny silkie square.

Leave a comment:

• newbiequilter
    replied

Bakermom,

What is a tag quilt?

Pat

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

I have done rag quilts with just two layers of flannel for summer babies. batting makes for a very warm rag quilt, though it would be a lot "cushier" for baby to lay on. i have also done pieced flannel with minkie for the back. some with batting ,some without. babies seem to enjoy the softness of minkie. i then take my scraps and make a tag blanket for baby to snuggle.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Louise, you can also use fleece/flannel for all three layers instead of batting, then you don't have to worry about bits of batting poking out of the seams. I also like Sandy's idea of using Minkee on the back, it is so soft and cuddly.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

I would use a light-weight batting for sure - or, as I have often done for baby blankets, use Minkee (spelling?) or similar fleece type fabric as the backing.

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    started a topic need some advice

need some advice

I am planning on making a rag quilt for my sister in law who is expecting a baby boy April 19 due to the time of the year do you think i should use batting? We live in ohio so it can still be chilly in mid and late April if you think i should what kind? This is my first quilt so any answers would be great Thanks!
Working...
X