• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockyMountainHorseMama
    replied
    Re: My Next Newbie Question

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
    Hey Bridgette been missing you, glad to see you posting again!
    I just watched the video and it looks like Jenny did not trim the edges straight, she added a border
    following the hills and curves of the blocks. I would guess that she clipped the inside curves just like she did in assembling the blocks themselves. It's a great wavy border on the runner.
    Give it a try, girl I KNOW you can do it!!
    Lola

Hola Lola! been missing you gals here, too! Have laryngitis so am not working today so I'm going to see if I can get caught up on an quilting I miss it a lot too!

YES! That's what I'm thinking that she did, added a border of apples cores in the colour of the border then trimmed it square and added the matching border, like I said above, I just LOVE it! Now I HOPE I can do it ...

Mahalo for your kokua, sistah! (thank you for your help)

Leave a comment:

• RockyMountainHorseMama
    replied

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Bridgette, I haven't watched that tutorial for a while but my guess would be that the easiest way to do the border is to actually trim the edges square and apply a standard type border. An alternative is to not add a border and use a bias cut binding to go around those curves. Ooh, or maybe add a row of apple cores in a different colour/print from the rest and bias bind it so that different fabric makes the border. Lots of possibilities.

Ooh, excellent ideas, mahalo a nui loa! (thank you very much) I'm thinking she did a row of apple cores that matched the border, then trimmed them square then aded the matching border, binding? I LOVE it, think I'll give that method a try.

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Hey Bridgette been missing you, glad to see you posting again!
    I just watched the video and it looks like Jenny did not trim the edges straight, she added a border
    following the hills and curves of the blocks. I would guess that she clipped the inside curves just like she did in assembling the blocks themselves. It's a great wavy border on the runner.
    Give it a try, girl I KNOW you can do it!!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

Bridgette, I haven't watched that tutorial for a while but my guess would be that the easiest way to do the border is to actually trim the edges square and apply a standard type border. An alternative is to not add a border and use a bias cut binding to go around those curves. Ooh, or maybe add a row of apple cores in a different colour/print from the rest and bias bind it so that different fabric makes the border. Lots of possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• RockyMountainHorseMama
    started a topic My Next Newbie Question

My Next Newbie Question

Okay, so I got the apple core template after watching the video and loved the runner that our Jenny made and thought I'd make a quilt out of Clermont Farms charm packs for hubby, coz I love Bar Harbour and Clermont Farms, anyways, I have no CLUE how to do the border ... HELLP! *faints* ----- THUD!
Working...
X