My Next Newbie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Next Newbie Question

Okay, so I got the apple core template after watching the video and loved the runner that our Jenny made and thought I'd make a quilt out of Clermont Farms charm packs for hubby, coz I love Bar Harbour and Clermont Farms, anyways, I have no CLUE how to do the border ... HELLP! *faints* ----- THUD!
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Re: My Next Newbie Question

Bridgette, I haven't watched that tutorial for a while but my guess would be that the easiest way to do the border is to actually trim the edges square and apply a standard type border. An alternative is to not add a border and use a bias cut binding to go around those curves. Ooh, or maybe add a row of apple cores in a different colour/print from the rest and bias bind it so that different fabric makes the border. Lots of possibilities.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Hey Bridgette been missing you, glad to see you posting again!
      I just watched the video and it looks like Jenny did not trim the edges straight, she added a border
      following the hills and curves of the blocks. I would guess that she clipped the inside curves just like she did in assembling the blocks themselves. It's a great wavy border on the runner.
      Give it a try, girl I KNOW you can do it!!
      Lola
      :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
        Bridgette, I haven't watched that tutorial for a while but my guess would be that the easiest way to do the border is to actually trim the edges square and apply a standard type border. An alternative is to not add a border and use a bias cut binding to go around those curves. Ooh, or maybe add a row of apple cores in a different colour/print from the rest and bias bind it so that different fabric makes the border. Lots of possibilities.

Ooh, excellent ideas, mahalo a nui loa! (thank you very much) I'm thinking she did a row of apple cores that matched the border, then trimmed them square then aded the matching border, binding? I LOVE it, think I'll give that method a try.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
          Hey Bridgette been missing you, glad to see you posting again!
          I just watched the video and it looks like Jenny did not trim the edges straight, she added a border
          following the hills and curves of the blocks. I would guess that she clipped the inside curves just like she did in assembling the blocks themselves. It's a great wavy border on the runner.
          Give it a try, girl I KNOW you can do it!!
          Lola

Hola Lola! been missing you gals here, too! Have laryngitis so am not working today so I'm going to see if I can get caught up on an quilting I miss it a lot too!

YES! That's what I'm thinking that she did, added a border of apples cores in the colour of the border then trimmed it square and added the matching border, like I said above, I just LOVE it! Now I HOPE I can do it ...

Mahalo for your kokua, sistah! (thank you for your help)

Blog

Comment

Working...
          X