X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monique
    replied
    Re: Expert advice needed

I have finally figured out how to add four blocks and square them up for the border. I took a picture of it so I would know how many to use to square them up. Now I just need to find fabric for the border. Thanks for the great idea.

Monique

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Yes the top was all hand stitched. I like the idea of borders with maybe some of the blocks in it. I hadn't thought of that. I new you were all smart quilters!! I will hand quilt, any suggestions how?

Thanks everyone for your help. I am so glad I joined this group. You are all an inspiration to me.

Monique

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

My friend Dawn would love this as green is her favorite color. I would go with a different fabric with colors that are in the quilt. Nice job. Hugs, Jan L

Leave a comment:

• Dragonfly
    replied

I agree, I wouldn't add just one row using a different fabric, in a few years you may regret it. Add a wide border so the different fabric frames the rest, maybe wide enough to use those extra blocks in the corners so you can at least get four more of them into the quilt.

It's very lovely... NOT my colour...but lovely all the same.

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

I don't know - but that's a pretty top!

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• pdjewelrylady
    replied

scrappy scrappy all the way around several times to tone down the limeyness and whites also will bring out the hexagon flowers ..... LUCKY YOU!!!

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

That is so pretty. I agree with Deb, add borders that co-ordinate.
    You might find a green that's very close, but over time it might fade or wear differently than the original fabric.

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Monique, what a find! I'm as green as the quilt top <g>.

I think I would add borders if needed, rather than add an almost-matching fabric.

I'm assuming it's all hand stitched - what are you planning regarding quilting it?

Congrats on acquiring such a treasure.

Deb

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    started a topic Expert advice needed

Expert advice needed

Good afternoon all. I claimed this quilt top when no one wanted it. I liked the retro look. The top is 5 patches x 6 patches if you know what I mean. I have enough patches to add another row. My prolem will be I will not have enough of the lime green to finish. I do have fabric that is close in color. I don't live near a fabric store so my question is what should I do? Wait and try to get fabric the same color, make wide borders? What to do, what to do????????

Any advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!!
    Monique
    Attached Files
Working...
X