Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice

I'm pretty new to Quilting - took some classes and am hooked. My son brought me back some fabrics from his Hawaiian vacation (my kids know that my best gift is fabric). Some of the prints are large - What would be the best pattern to use to show off large prints?
    Many Tx

Re: Need advice

Lynnette how many grains of sand are there on the beach? First you need to think about what style/size of quilt you want, wall/lap/bed. I have some patterns for larger prints but am about to go out for the day so if no one else has ideas for you I will look back in tonight. But to get you started think about medallion quilts, the uncut corners of the twisted nine patch or any of the over sized single block quilts. You can google some of these or I will explain when I have a little more time

I am sure the other ladies will have some great ideas for you as well.

Have fun.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Many Tx - I'm planning on a throw for their couch to snuggle under - about double bed size.
      Tx for the advice

Comment

this site has hundreds of patterns that may help you. You could do something like frame each large square http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html
        Patrice

Comment

Wow what a great site - I got lots of ideas - Many Tx

Comment

My stars you could stay on that site forever! Thanks for sharing!
            Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
            X