Problems with Mary and FMQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Mary and FMQ?

I got my free motion foot, dropped the feed dogs, and the tension seems fine, but when I am stippling, I am getting extra long stitches. When I use my newer machine I don't get these, but it doesn't go near as fast as Mary (Singer15-91). Wonder if it's me or the machine. I really love it so far, but these long stitches are bugging the heck out of me.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: Problems with Mary and FMQ?

Try moving the fabric slower with your hands. Fast machine and slow hands results in a shorter stitch. Slow machine and fast hands makes a longer stitch. Get some practice fabric and try out different combinations of machine and hand speed til you find what works for the stitch length you want. I'm no expert at FMQ but have been doing lots of practice and found that keeping my work area under the needle small and manageable with slower hands gives me the best control of my stitch.

P.S. The Supreme Slider really does help for reducing friction and moving your fabric more easily for more consistent stitches too. Love mine!
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Re: Problems with Mary and FMQ?

I have the Supreme Slider, it's on my other machine. I give it a try.
      Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

Working...
      X