X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zenkitty
    replied
    Re: Starch

If you are sensitive to scents, this is the starch I used that made me ill from the smell. it worked fine, but I now have switched to Mary Ellen's odor free and I won't be using anything else. Just a bit of info for those chemically sensitive.

Leave a comment:

• KarenB
    replied

You might want to try not using starch. It has sugar in it so any starch left in fabric can atract bugs. Mary Ellen's Best Press is wonderful. It smells so good and it makes your fabric so easy to cut ans stitch.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

After I had posed my question (on another thread . . . Thanks Lola) I was in the sewing room and noticed that I have a 'light' spray starch. I'm like Lola, I don't like the aerosol for the same reason. I'll have to check out the Niagara and see if my stores carry it.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
    I just saw a question from Sandy about this on another thread, so I thought I would start it here so we can all see it and know where to refer back to......sorry Sandy I'm really not hijacking your idea!

Lola
    Can't think of anyone I'd rather hijack me right now . . . unless . . .is Tom Selleck still around?

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    started a topic Starch

Starch

I just saw a question from Sandy about this on another thread, so I thought I would start it here so we can all see it and know where to refer back to......sorry Sandy I'm really not hijacking your idea!
    To make a looong story shorter, I used to use the canned spray starch and hated it.....it flaked, the can clogged up, it left a mess on my iron, not to mention the propellants and how they aren't good for us or the environment.
    So, I found Niagara starch in a non-aerosol trigger bottle and I LOVE love love this starch! It doesn't flake, clog or leave a nasty mess on my iron. The cost is extremely reasonable...under $2 for a
    22 fl. oz. bottle---I have found it at Meijer's,Target and now so excited that my WalMart is finally carrying it!! Grocery stores it's a bit over $2. It has a nice subtle linen smell, but I have been using it for several years, so I don't notice the smell anymore, bummer. It doesn't seem to be stiff at all, and if I need more body, I just go over it again.
    Lola
Working...
X