Hexagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hexagons

Debinmalaga's Flower Garden quilt inspired this question.
    I have been interested in doing hexagons for quite awhile now. I have researched them and watched videos on blogs, one even has downloadable templates to print off-- but I have never seen this answered before.
    What kind of paper do I print them on? Just regular printer paper or is it something in between that and card stock?
    I did buy some plastic templates and plan on using them as well, but they are a bit pricey and I want something so if I don't stitch them together right away, I will have plenty of templates ready. I see this as another totally take-along project and I have tons of scraps that NEED to be used.
    Thanks for helping me out
    Lola
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Re: Hexagons

Never tried one but I wonder if freezer paper would work? I know people do use it for many things.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Bakermom what a great idea......now, I wonder if freezer paper will feed through the printer so I could use the printable site I found, instead of tracing each and every one of them?
      Lola

Comment

Hmm, trim it to size and hand feed it thru?
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Wondering if the ink will dry on the slick paper? Let me know if this works! SuzyQue

Comment

What a great idea, I'd hope it would work - photo paper is also slick, as are some other specialty papers.
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Only one side would be slick though. Be careful what side is up when you put it in and I think you would be ok. Iron the shiny side to the fabric so it will stick.

― Albert Pine

Comment

Well, I thought I had some freezer paper, but no such luck.
                I do know we have a ton of scrapbooking paper that's in between cardstock and printer paper.
                I just think to start out I need something with just a bit more body than printer paper, so I may give the scrapbooking paper a go at some hexagons. DH is watching football, dinner is marinating and is an easy one to cook, so it's a perfect afternoon project....I am procrastinating on cutting borders....can ya tell?
                I will let you know how any of the papers work out in the printer.
                Lola

Comment

You can purchase hexagons that are precut (many sizes) from PaperPieces.com. I use each one at least 2 or 3 times before they wear out. They have many shapes available and a good set of gallery pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by dmt148 View Post
                    You can purchase hexagons that are precut (many sizes) from PaperPieces.com. I use each one at least 2 or 3 times before they wear out. They have many shapes available and a good set of gallery pictures.
                    Thanks for sharing this site - what a fantastic resource. I need to buy more printer ink, thank you.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
                    X