• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockyMountainHorseMama
    replied
    Re: Continuous Bias Binding

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
    In the video, it looks like Jenny has them drawn on the right side of the fabric because she has it turned right side out to cut the strips and the seams are on the inside of the tube during cutting

Okay, that's what I thought at first but then confuseded myself! THANK YOU SEW much! *whew*

Leave a comment:

• RockyMountainHorseMama
    replied

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
    Are you doing it the way where you start with a large square that you cut into 2 triangles and then sew them at the top? If you do, you'll know what I'm talking about. And then you have this weird shape like a large almost parrellagram? If you do, then you'd draw your lines on the wrong side.

Hugs,
    Uhhhh ... nuh uh

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Trish, I really think it can be done either way......I've been pondering it anyway.
    I think as long as you have the lines and cut on the lines it can be on either side.
    If they are on the wrong side, you would just have to leave your 'tube' wrong side out, if lines
    are drawn on the right side you would turn it right side out.
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

ok I've got to go look at the tut on here. I draw mine on the wrong side and my seams are on the outside when I cut.
    It's interesting to see how many different ways a binding can be made.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

In the video, it looks like Jenny has them drawn on the right side of the fabric because she has it turned right side out to cut the strips and the seams are on the inside of the tube during cutting

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

Are you doing it the way where you start with a large square that you cut into 2 triangles and then sew them at the top? If you do, you'll know what I'm talking about. And then you have this weird shape like a large almost parrellagram? If you do, then you'd draw your lines on the wrong side.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• RockyMountainHorseMama
    started a topic Continuous Bias Binding

Continuous Bias Binding

HEEELLLLLP! Okay, I watch the video over and over and have thoroughly confused myself on the simplest things! First, what side do I draw the lines on? From there, I got the rest

I was SO hoping to finish 3 tops today but can't figure out the continuous bias binding ... slmbo!

AIYA! (that's a Hawai'ian expression of exasperation)
Working...
X