What are you sewing today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you sewing today?

I'm working on my Dresden plates wall hanging, got all three plates quilted, now starting to quilt the green background.

I'd love to hear (and see!) what everyone else is working on today...
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: What are you sewing today?

Can't see it yet. I'm still working on hand tacking the binding down on Zach's quilt. Once it's done, I'll be sure to post it.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

working on another tumbler. This one in blues, greens and purples. Using a couple fat quarters bundles that were hiding out in my box o' fabric. If it works out i'll just have buy a bit of additional fabric for borders.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working on the Grandmothers Fan Block Swap. It's in black and white with a splash of color for the 1/4 circle and the dresden blades fanning out of the circle. It's going to be so sharp,and the background 10 x 10 square is white on white. Jan L.
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

just finished my dresden plate wall hanging and very happy with it. I am also working on my sons graduation quilt with all his pictures
          Patrice

Comment

I should be sewing my table runner but.....I am on this addicting but fun forum!!!!

Hello all!!!
            Jan G
            Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
            THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
            :lol:

Comment

Hmm I have just arisen from a warm snuggly bed...still making the cup of tea...not sure if I should sew borders on a quilt that I need to get quilted or start sewing my new workshop quilt so I can get the photos done for the class notes. Indecision is sad thing, I really want to sew the new quilt but the other one needs to be ready for an exhibition...HELP!

Well cup of tea first.
              Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Come and see...just posted on my blog the accomplishments I've made last night and today!
                My Dresden is looking good!
                http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.com/
                or hunt down my profile and check out the new album A NEWBIE'S FIRST STEPS

Comment

Like Jan working on my Grandmothers fan quilt blocks and going to be cutting out my sashing for my Christmas star blocks. I am going on the road for a few nights next so I hope to take my feather light and do some sewing in my hotel room.
                  sigpic
                  Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Sally, that's dedication!

Once Mike and I took a romantic 3 day weekend in Victorian Cape May, NJ... and I brought my hand quilting hoop and projects along :-). Mike is a doll and didn't mind and I would have been miserable without any sewing for three whole days.

Here's a pic showing the quilting on my Dresden.
                    Attached Files
                    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Debi, I love the quilting you did on your Dresden. It is so beautiful. Your quilt is so special, I love it. What a wonderful job you did. You can really be proud of this. I only hope mine will be this good. Hugs, Jan
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
                        Sally, that's dedication!

Once Mike and I took a romantic 3 day weekend in Victorian Cape May, NJ... and I brought my hand quilting hoop and projects along :-). Mike is a doll and didn't mind and I would have been miserable without any sewing for three whole days.

Here's a pic showing the quilting on my Dresden.
                        I'm not going to comment on your ROMANTIC vacation with your sewing along . . . too cute!!

I cannot begin to tell you how impressive your Dresden plate work is - I am so happy for you that you were able to take a block and find the PERFECT color for your background fabric. It is truly gorgeous and so very rich looking.
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

HOPEFULLY I won't be distracted today. I'm supposed to be working on a random-strip, QAYG lap quilt for my DMIL. She is wheelchair bound in SO CA and DH will be headed there to spend her birthday in early March. I should have it finished before then if I can keep from . . . OH, did you see that rabbit . . . what was I doing?

I'm having a GREAT deal of difficulty uploading this morning. A 5-10 minute upload isn't right:

Comment

Wow, beautiful Dresdan's by both Debi's! I love that design and hope to tackle it someday soon.

My sewing time for yesterday (and continues today) is actually UN-sewing. My seam allowances on my altered squares are too big and my blocks refuse to line up. In fact, I believe my hourglasses are probably a full 1/2 inch smaller than my 4 patches...ugh.

But! As a break, I have a charm lap quilt to work on for my Mama.

Really, I need to do the quilting for my daughter's fence rail...lol...too much to do!
                            Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                            Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

As I have recovered from my blonde moment (no offense to Blondie intended . . . my lawyers told me to put that in) - I am sharing my strip quilt as you go project with a question. First the picture:

Strip as you go WIP - 2.JPG

Question is: How is it that I can have a basket with about 50-60 different strips cut, stirred up by grandkids, and I reach in, pick up a piece and sew it on, get another . . . and then attach this randomly chosen strip to another and wind up with matching fabrics in not one, but two separate placed between two long strips?

Comment

Working...
                              X