• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Navas
    replied
    Re: Mia is lost yet again.

Originally posted by Mia View Post
    Thanks Jan............. though logically I know you all help when you can......... still I feel a bit guility for always needing help lol

Hugggles
    Never, never feel guilty about asking questions - I have learned so much from you!!!!

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Originally posted by Mia View Post
    Thanks Jan............. though logically I know you all help when you can......... still I feel a bit guility for always needing help lol

Hugggles
    When you feel you have learned the basics and can say I'm a quilter you will be able to help the next Mia who is starting out. But you will never stop learning. There will always be new things to learn and new things you can show new people. Don't feel guilty, because I still don't know what I'm doing and I still ask questions, but I have learned and there are somethings I can help with. There are no dumb questions and someday you will surprise yourself and you will help someone else. You learn what you learn and no one can take that away. And you will want to help a beginner. Ok sweetie? It takes time but it comes quickly, you'll see. Hugs, Jan

Leave a comment:

• Oodles
    replied

I recently invested in a 1/2" slotted ruler and I LOVE it so I'd recommend looking at those! Now I need to invest in the 1/4" slotted ruler. The ruler makes the cutting go so quickly because you don't have to move the ruler with each cut.

Annette

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Hugggles

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Mia, the warm and natural that is 50% off is a pkg... It fits a queen size quilt. It is 90 x 108. I'm just not sure how much but 50%off is nothing to sneeze at especially the size. You don't have to use it for a huge quilt just take what you need and store the rest. And no thanks necessary thats what we are all here for, to help each other. Right Trish?
    Hugs, Jan

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Oh Lola that's the one I had in mind and......... joy oh joy.....the mailman delivered my binding tool yesterday........ so I'm all set.

Thanks for the 'rescue'

Hugs
    Mia

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Thanks so much ...... I 'm going to check those out right now

Huggles
    Mia

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

Mia!
    Here's a couple of links to the tutorials you may be thinking of.
    This one is on the tube quilting and Jenny refers at the end to a chevron shape

http://www.youtube.com/missouriquilt...34/vOWSp0mTTqE

This is the friendship braid tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/missouriquilt...53/EpHAp_pyVXQ
    These are 2 of my favorites........well, they are all my favorites, but you know how it is!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    replied

Huggggs thanks Jan and Trish ........ fantastic ideas...... I definitely need the warm and natural ...... and I've been drooling over those Dresden Plate squares. AND oh my goodness a 12 x 12 rotating mat??? I want that !!! Thanks again.... you are so sweet and I appreciate you.

Just an FYI...speaking of sales. I found Olfa rotary refills on sale for 50% off and bought ten for $24.99. I thought that was quite a bargain.

Mia

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

Looks like Jan found you first Mia!
    I love the warm and natural and just picked up 3 yards of it using a coupon. And, it's pretty wide so I get lots of batting for the price. I had them cut it off a huge roll of it.
    Oh and if you ever pick up one of those large rolls, watch for staples. The guy at the cutting table sliced his finger on something sticking out of it. Perhaps ask them to carry the bolt of batting to the table for you.

Hmmm - what else is good to get with a coupon. There coupons are good for 1 cut of fabric so if you need a backing for a larger quilt - say 4 or 5 yards, that would be a good thing to spend it on.

Be sure to let us know what you get!

Could that 'chevron' strip be the tutorial on making a friendship braid quilt? I forget where I saw that one at - it could be under the intermediate series, not sure. I do think Jenny uses the binding tool on that one to make the shapes. So maybe under a tutorial using that tool.

Hugs,
    Last edited by quiltingtrish; January 21, 2011, 02:12 PM. Reason: adding more

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

I just bought a rotating 12 x 12 inch cutting mat. Love it. It makes cutting Dresden blades so easy to cut. It was $50.00 but with a 50% sale and a 20% coupon on all items I only paid $21.00 and change. Good deal. I got it at Joanns. The sale goes on until tomorrow. Lots of things are 50% off. The Dresden ruler is a great thing to get too. It's by Darlene Zimmerman. I love it, it makes the Dresden Plate really easy! Most people are afraid to do this but this ruler makes it so easy. We are doing A block swap for a Grandmothers Fan, in black and white with a splash of a bright color in a 1/4" circle. It will be really pretty. I'd get to Joanns by tomorrow for all their sales. They also have a queen size 90 x 108" batting called warm and natural. That's also a good deal. Have fun spending your gift certificate. Hugs, Jan

Leave a comment:

• Mia
    started a topic Mia is lost yet again.

Mia is lost yet again.

My memory is failing me already?

I find tutorials on MSQC and then forget where I saw them. I want to make a tote.... quilt as you go (I think) from a jelly roll. Now here is my quandary.... I saw on one of Jenny's tutorials where she was demonstrating how to lay out a 'chevron' of strips. I hope this makes sense and if anyone has a better memory than I do....which should be easy..... can you point me in the right direction?

Also...... I have a $30 JoAnn's gift card and I want to buy a new toy. What would you choose?

Hugs and mahalo

Mia
Working...
X