Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pre-cut batting

I hate cutting batting...or maybe I'm just lazy
    Have any of you tried pre-cut batting? It seems like it would go so well with all those daily deals I didn't resist. This web site has been tempting me. Are the prices way outta line? Or not so much?
    http://www.spaghetti-legs.com/servle...re-sets/Detail
    Maybe it really is time to try a qayg project.
    If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Re: pre-cut batting

HOLY MOSES!! That is expensive...I should start selling precut squares of batting...lordy lordy...

I put 12" sqaure set in for the quilt I"m currently doing...I need 25 12" squares..so I would have to get 3 sets...it would cost me $30!! I buy warm and white batting by the bolt from hobby lobby with a 40% off coupon and it only costs me a little over $100 for the ENTIRE bolt of 90" wide batting...
    Michele

Comment

Yeah...I was afraid of that was hoping my math was wrong or that I was just reading it wrong.
      Rats! Oh well *heavy sigh* guess I'll have to go back to the cutting board
      If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

I have a place on line that has all kinds of fabric and etc. I did find a pre-cut of W&Nat but the size is 34X45 and it is one piece. But the price is $3.95. I have bought from them and they have moda and kona and good muslin by the yard. Anything $35.00 and over ship for free.
        www.fabric.com
        I have had no problems with them and they ship the orders very quickly.
        This probably wont help but it's a try!!
        Jan G

PS they are having a but inventory reduction sale right now, a lot of goodies and material
        Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
        THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
        :lol:

Comment

Joanns has a queen size 90 x 108 on sale 50% off, it's warm and natural. I didn't have any money left though so next time. Hugs, Jan L
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Oooh I need one of those. I can get 2 or 3 baby quilts out of one.
            I don't know that i would buy precut batting. i don't like to cut it either but i'm not willing to pay out that much for the convenience. I can see where the occasional sewer might go for it. Not everyone delights in having "leftovers" the way quilters do.
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Originally posted by shell.scraps View Post
              HOLY MOSES!! That is expensive...I should start selling precut squares of batting...lordy lordy...

I put 12" sqaure set in for the quilt I"m currently doing...I need 25 12" squares..so I would have to get 3 sets...it would cost me $30!! I buy warm and white batting by the bolt from hobby lobby with a 40% off coupon and it only costs me a little over $100 for the ENTIRE bolt of 90" wide batting...
              I am not entirely certain of the size (width), but I lucked out at JoAnns this past Monday night. Hubby and I were there and each had a 50% off special coupon - with the intent to buy batting. While looking around I noticed this HUMONGOUS roll and (if my feeble memory serves me right . . . since I'm too lazy to trek to the sewing room at this hour of the day) I think it is 120 inches wide. Now, it may just be 90 - I'll retract my thinking later if I find I'm drastically off base. Anyway, I KNOW that it was 15 yards - and KNOW that it was $6.99 per yard . . cotton/poly blend. I was able to check the end and the quality and decided that would suffice for the quilts I have planned for this year. Lo and behold when we got to the check-out it was already on sale for 50% off. So, for a bit over $50 I walked out with batting - enough to do my DGDs Christmas quilts this year. I really wish I'd gone back and picked up the other roll they had . . . next time!! And I still have two 50% off coupons good until the end of the month.

For that savings/cost, I'll gladly pre-cut and sell batting.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I just bought batting from connectingthreads.com (I'm pretty sure that is the name). They are having a huge sale on their batting from Hobbs and Mountain Mist. I'm not sure of the names as I'm still trying out different batting to see what I like most. But I could not go wrong. For $91 TOTAL, I got 3 queen size and 1 king size batting packs. The queen sized ones are 'fusible'. I really wanted to try it out and so far, I LOVE it. Not much loft, but that is okay with me. For me up here in Canada, that was a HUGE savings. Even at Fabricland here in town I could not get that much batting for the price. They have lots of fabric too - most are around $4/yard. I have not purchased any fabric from them yet though.

Comment

Working...
                X