spray starch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spray starch

Help! I discovered that scented spray starch gives me an awful headache. I can sometimes be sensitive to smells...like perfumes. Is there something that is odor-free? I am soaking the material I sprayed right now to remove the odor. Holy cow. I had no idea.

Re: spray starch

Hmm, I have no idea what you could use instead, as far as I know everything is scented. Too bad!! Maybe someone else will have a good suggestion for you...
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

could you make your own?? I don't know if that would also have a scent.
      i know my kids complained about the smell of the sizing we used for their dress shirts.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I have been using Mary Ellen's Best Press. Clear Starch and it is odorless. I like it a lot.
        Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

I have heard of Mary Ellen's just can never find it to try.

I generally make my own spray bottle using liquid starch and some water in a spritz bottle.
          Works great and no scent. If you want really stiff fabric, use less water.
          One caveat - it will occasionally flake once it is pressed dry with the iron. No problem to dust off. I find making it up so much more economical than the cans of spray starch.

Good luck.
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Thanks Blondie, I'll try that next time. The can of starch flakes too. I guess we are just flaky. lol giggles Not you just me.
            Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Thanks for suggestions. I wondered how well the home-made works. I can give that a go, and if not, I can try Mary Ellen's. Funny how the scent of 'linen' just made me ill. I have to wash my iron cover now, too. As you can tell...I never ironed much until I began quilting!

Comment

Working...
              X