Has Anyone made ALL Access Bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone made ALL Access Bag?

I bought it today [buy 1, get 2 free], and downloaded it. When I print from my browser, the large template that you have to tape together, measures 10" wide which seems off for a bag that should finish around 8 inches. I double checked that it is set to 100% size. Then when I open the pattern using a PDF program, also set to 100% the piece is now 8" wide, which seems like it would make the bag 7.5 inches finished. I wish they have one of those 1" squares so I'd know which one is correct. Or at least give me one or both of the measurements, since it's literally a rectangle, and shouldn't be this hard.
    So if you made this, can you tell me which is correct?
    and while we're all here, do you have any tips or comments you'd like to share about making it? I usually don't follow patterns. I just make stuff up as I go.
    Thanks
    Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

I have been pretty disgusted by all of the patterns I have purchased lately. I generally will spring for a hard copy if I feel I need one but the people writing these patterns really don't know a lot more than most of my forum friends.
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC

Comment

Thanks. It's a MSQC pattern, and I wanted to make it today. Maybe I'll just guess at it. I'm disappointed they sell a PDF pattern without the little square that lets you know you have printed the correct size. I won't be buying any more. That's for sure.

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I have made hundreds of bag patterns, both purses and totes, as well as wallets. If I print from my iPad, they do not come out correctly. I have to do it from my laptop to get it right. Also, if they give the measurements and the pieces, are all square or rectangular, you don't need to print them out at all. Just measure and cut.....save a tree!

*** I went and looked at the pattern. I greatly despise patterns done like that when you have to cut the fabric 1/4" larger than the pattern itself. I learned that from watching the video. Anyway, if you do that, I think it should come out okay as far as being the correct size. ***
        Last edited by bubba; January 22, 2023, 05:26 PM.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

They don't give the measurements. They make you print a template in 2 pieces and tape it together.

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I don't have the pattern so I can't give any specific advise. Misty did a tutorial on making this bag two weeks ago. Maybe it will help?

Here is the link to her video:

Pick up the All Access Bag supplies here: https://bit.ly/ahwm_allaccessbag_ytWhat's on the agenda for today? Well, Misty's going to walk you through how to m...
            Maria
            From Sunny Alberta, Canada

Comment

Is there a square that is one inch on the pattern? That is measured to make sure the pattern is printing correctly.

Is there instructions to “box” the corners? That will take up some of the width in the pattern.

A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
              Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

• bubba
                bubba commented
                Editing a comment
                From the part of the video I watched, there is no boxing of the corners as it looks like they are cut away from the get go.

I bought it and thought I was getting the download, but I got a hard copy in the mail. Not sure how to use the pattern. I guess I need to copy it, and tape it together.

Comment

Another tutorial for you. It shows measurements for a comparison. Hope that helps!

DIY Packing Cube Bag | How to make a Wide Open Magic Pouch▶Finished size.25㎝(10″) W × 12.5㎝(5″) H × 12.5㎝(5″) D▶Sewingtimes Website & Blog (Material List)htt...
                A bucket of sunshine from the East Coast FL!
                Like sands through the hour glass-sew are the days of our lives!

Comment

I also bought this pattern but haven't had a chance to look at it. I thought it was cute. I will be following this to see how it all works out.
                  Teresa
                  Pelham, Alabama
                  War Eagle!!!

Comment

I've been watching that pattern from another source on YouTube but bought the MSQC one when it came on sale because the other is more DIY. So, I'm watching comments here to see how everyone does! I'm waiting until my much-more-detail-oriented sister gets here for a visit and then we'll do it together.

Comment

Working...
                    X