X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lola2Ace
    replied
    Re: A Quilty Birthday

What a great birthday you will have! I just know you will have a wonderful time and will have many new friends close by you.
    Like Carol_Ann said, we will always be here too.
    Please tell us how the day goes.
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• Carol_Ann
    replied

Deb,
    Wishing you a happy birthday in 2011. Enjoy the quilting group you've joined. I'm sure they will take you into their fold. You always have us waiting for your return. You are a valued member!

Leave a comment:

• newbiequilter
    replied

Deb, I know it can be hard to step into a group of strangers, but you know you have something in common already so you can ask questions and get them talking to you. I've been there, not in a quilting group, but in a woman's group, so I know the nervousness. You are lucky to have such a resource so close to you. Enjoy it, and have a great birthday.
    Pat

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Deb, I'm excited for you. For over a year I have been aware of a Quilting Guild about the same distance from my house. But, I always held back because I didn't want to go alone. Then, by chance, I found out that my sister had been going and hadn't mentioned it to me. That and two women whom I knew as a teen were members. I went the first time in December and truly felt like I had know EVERY one of them for years. Quilters are definitely a different breed of very, very special folks.

I hope your birthday is filled with JOY! And HAPPINESS. And NEW FRIENDS!!! My BD is the 24th.

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    started a topic A Quilty Birthday

A Quilty Birthday

Oh boy, I'm so excited! I'm going to go to a meeting of the local quilt guild. It's less than 3 miles from my house, timed conveniently enough after work on Wednesday nights. I don't like the idea of going by myself, but maybe I'll make a new friend. The idea of listening to other quilters and seeing their projects really has me tickled. The day of the meeting is also my birthday. My birthday usually bums me out but I'm happy about this one!
    Last edited by debinmalaga; January 8, 2011, 07:43 PM.
Working...
X