12 7/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 7/8

Do you cut up to 13” and when the block is done trim to 12 1/2 which should be the finished block size. Thank you.

I have found that 7/8 of anything is not my friend. As long as you trim them all the same it should be fine. No one looking at your quilt will ever know, and your secret is safe with us!

Comment

I absolutely hate patterns that take it down to eighths. I don't get why they can't round it up to a whole number and tell you to trim it down to whatever is needed for the pattern. I am willing to waste some fabric not to have this hassle.
      Last edited by TMP; February 7, 2022, 03:56 AM.
      Teresa
      Pelham, Alabama
      War Eagle!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Claudiaj View Post
        Do you cut up to 13” and when the block is done trim to 12 1/2 which should be the finished block size. Thank you.
        I say yes that would be correct (someone will correct me if I am wrong)
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I have always just built the block to the correct size and avoid all that trimming.
          She who dies with the most quilts is......
          Still dead.
          What's your hurry?

Comment

Me too...Only once have I been puzzled and that was the hunter star. Didn't understand why we didn't make the blocks the right size to begin with.
            success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
            Terry of NC

Comment

Eighth inches left my world a long time ago!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• auntstuff
                auntstuff commented
                Editing a comment
                Heh, never entered mine. Never saw the need.
            Working...
            X