tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tutorial

I must have been out of my mind. I am trying to do MSQ "Moroccan Lanters. Everything is cut-I think which is a lot and ready to assemble but am have trouble with sewing around the circle's as well as fully understanding the pattern. Does anyone know if there was a tutorial. I looked but could not locate one. I just might package it back up and set on it for awhile-again-what was I thinking.

I don't see a tutorial, only the pattern https://www.missouriquiltco.com/prod...-missouri-star

Comment

It says the quilt is in ModBlock vol. 5 if you're a subscriber.
      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

by circles do you mean curves you are having trouble with? in doing curves like in drunkard path blocks, i put the curved piece on top so i can control any extra fabric as I stitch along. perhaps that will help.

Comment

• jjkaiser
          jjkaiser commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't do curves!!!! I am horrible I feel like I am all thumbs! And I cannot remember which piece is concave and which is convex. Those terms are like a foreign language to me. No help to say you put "the curved one" on top because to me they are BOTH curved.

• Claire Hallman
          Claire Hallman commented
          Editing a comment
          the one that curves inward is like a cave thus easy to remember it is the concave one.

What I do with curved pieces is mark the middle of both convex and concave, match up the middles and ends, then use a repositionable glue or Roxanne’s glue-baste-it to hold the pieces together while stitching, gluing the whole seam first. I always avoided curved piecing till I saw Judy Niemeyer’s video about doing them for Valley Blossoms. It makes it easy.
        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

• jjkaiser
          jjkaiser commented
          Editing a comment
          Oops commented in wrong place but I fixed it
          Last edited by jjkaiser; July 22, 2021, 10:27 PM.
      Working...
      X