Layer cake quilt ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layer cake quilt ideas

I've been brainstorming for my son's wedding quilt. After texting with his fiance..I got what color's she likes. I recently bought the DD Silver Jubilee and since she said blues and grays ..I thought perfect! I'm going to make it reversible..silver Jubilee on one side and Dallas cowboys on the other. So it fit both of them...girly on one side and sports for my son.

I have the 10in twister tool. I thought about that. Looked through all Jenny's tutorials this morning. Liked the Carpenter Star too. Nothing is just jumping out and saying perfect!! What is on your list for a layer cake quilt?

Wow! That's a pretty layer cake. You could use them with white and make pinwheels. Sash the pinwheels with cornerstones or simply add borders to make the size you want.

I think a ribbon pattern would look good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46WekmSpD4s

Have fun choosing!

Comment

Silver Jubilee is so pretty. Similar to floral blues I used for a Carpenter Star. The only thing I wish is that I'd used a tone on tone background rather than solid white. The Carpenter Star has a lot of background.

Can't wait to see what you do.

Comment

How about Sunshine Shoofly or Winter Star?

Comment

If you don't want to cut them up to much there is one like this.
          Simple Layer Cake Quilt pattern full 81 X 94 | Etsy
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I love orange peel quilts. I ran ran across some girly cut outs this morning, That was a nice surprise. This is pretty

blue peel.jpg
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
              Momofmonsters5 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is pretty. Not sure if I want to take on that much applique Wedding is july 18th.

You could snowball the opposite corners of each piece. Lots of options for the layout.

Comment

The 9 patch / hour glass is a pretty pattern, or the royal wedding star is pretty, too.
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I did an orange peel quilt and it did not take long. I used a lightweight pellon did the cut a slit and turn right side out so I had all finished edges then used the buttonhole stitch to attach them to the blocks
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Jenny has a tute called the Teacup, for LC, and you don't have to chop them up too small. I haven't made it but looks like it would go together pretty quickly. I love that Silver Jubilee line too. In fact I had it in my basket but didn't order it at the last minute telling myself no you have enough fabric already. I know you will make something fabulous. You are so creative.

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                    Jean Sewing Machine commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love Tea Cup pattern for layer cakes. I have made many using that pattern!

basket blocks would be nice. i just saw a lovely basket quilt on a British murder mystery show. lovely. triangle for basket, not squares.

Comment

I posted this layer cake quilt before Christmas last year
                    https://www.fatquartershop.com/media...ersofCharm.pdf

last minute quilt.JPG
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• nativetexan
                      nativetexan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      that is very,. very cute.

• Hulamoon
                      Hulamoon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I didn't make it. I have a similar layer cake though!

This one is fun. there are a couple of different layouts and it's layer cake friendly.

Quilt Pattern Blue Lagoon Baby to King Size Layer Cake | Etsy

blue lagoon.jpg
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                      Momofmonsters5 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I really like this one too!!
                  Working...
                  X