Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benartex Dreamscape Jellyroll Jam

Good Day all,

Hi I'm a newer quilter, I've been working on a jelly roll bargello quilt but I need 1 more roll to get the size correct. However, the company is not making that design anymore. I found a fat quarter pack with the same colors and wonder if anyone can suggest a design.
    A few little notes, I started sewing and cutting and renewing the first roll already so I'm slightly locked in.
    I'd appreciate Any expertise in this endeavor.

Thank you.

Side note if anyone has a Benartex Dreamscape pinwheel they are willing to part with I will buy it off you.

Thanks

Hello and welcome from BC, Canada! I'm still a beginner myself and can't offer much help, but you should get some good advice from the kind folks here.
    Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Welcome! If you need to change your design out, what are your pieces cut at right now?
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Hello quilters,

Thanks for the welcome. So far I have sewed, cut and re sewn 1 full Jellyroll in the bargello pattern *see attached photo.

I have 2 "raw" jellyrolls (unopened) and have a mind to buy a few fat quarters of the same pattern but the color palette is slightly different.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

If it were me and I couldn't find the same jelly roll...I might ...just might get a lighter and darker ..same color palete and do lighter on the left and darker on the right of the piece you have now so it kinda ombres. Or there's always so much you could with applique...I have so many ideas in my head...it's really pretty!!

Comment

What gorgeous fabric! I know you don't normally sash this pattern, but what if you sashed it so it breaks up the color palette. It could look on purpose.
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I’ve not done a bargello quilt before so don’t have a lot of I put. I love your colors. I agree with Momofmonsters5 that if I didn’t have all I needed I would do lighter on one side and darker on the other side of what you already have.
              Carlie

Comment

My first thought, it's beautiful!

How wide and how long is it? What size were you hoping for? I have more questions than ideas. I agree with Mom and Lorie.

Look at Rob Appell's Color Strata. https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...YaAoweEALw_wcB You could sash between each row of your bargello, break it up into small lengths. One thing about that is getting everything even. I found the sections tended to stretch and shift and it made squaring the quilt up a pain.

Good Luck!
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Thank you so much ALL! I feel so supported and am ready to take another run at this quilt. I'm Strongly considering both the sashing as well as the pallet changes. I'm aiming for a queen size spring/summer quilt. Bargello is my go to pattern currently being a beginner. I feel accomplished when I hear oohs and ahhs. I also like the movement the pattern gives the impression of. Thank you all once again for The supportive comments and suggestions. I think I've found a virtual quilt guild. 💕

Comment

Rachel (Momofmonsters) had a really good idea. But if you can't finish it like that it would make a beautiful table runner the way it is now. You did an excellent job putting that together and the colors are so pretty. Oh, and welcome to the Forum from Wisconsin! We are so happy to have you.

Comment

Cozy Quilts has a bargello pattern... a little late, but it will give you some ideas on how much fabric you're looking at needing.https://cozyquilt.com/Aspx/ProductDe...ProductID=4720 Their pattern only goes up to a twin using 2 jelly rolls and background fabric
                      Donna Jordan has a bargello, too. https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/bargello-quilt
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Hello & Welcome!

That is a gorgeous design for your quilt. Did you see the available yardage? I would grab some while you can so you can continue the color pattern. Good luck with your search. Sometimes the hunt is the best part of making quilts.

https://www.quiltinaday.com/search/d...mscape&x=0&y=0

Comment

Sometimes I find things like that on eBay.

Comment

You are getting some good advice here, but are you locked into using another jelly roll? What I mean is if you were able to find some yardage, couldn't you make your own strips? There are still some of the Dreamscape yardage at some quilt shops (this one has 19 different colors available http://www.sewmuchfun4you.com/shop/F...Dreamscape.htm). I really like the look of what you're doing. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Rob
                            Last edited by Rob the HOAQ; January 22, 2021, 10:33 AM.
                            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                            --Ken Burns

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind replies and suggestions. I ended up ordering 2 fat quarters from Quilt in a day as Rhonda suggested. I've decided to do bargello in the middle with a sickle square on both ends. It may take awhile but I'm excited and the new square will take me out of my comfort zone and give me a real challenge. Much love for all the support and I will post again as things progress.

I plan on doing 2 midsection columns from this pattern.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop.../hi-lo-pattern
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Shallemb; January 24, 2021, 08:26 PM. Reason: added pictures : )

Comment

Working...
                              X