Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srgreene
    replied
    The sashing definitely helps the blocks stand out on their own. The black seems a little stark to me. I'd be inclined to go with the tan/browns family you are using. The doggy fabric is so cute. I think it will make a great backing. I still can't see it as a border.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied
    The black looks best. Amazing what a difference a little moving around will do! The dog print is really cute but I think too busy for the front. Maybe a wide border for the back.

Leave a comment:

• Hillbillyhike
    replied
    A dark brown sashing amd border might work better with the browns and tans.

Leave a comment:

• MSN
    replied
    I like the sashing. If you feel that black is too stark, you can use any fabric that reads as a solid, as long as it provides sufficient contrast to the blocks. As for the dog fabric, it is large scale, so the border would have to be fairly wide. Or it will work great as backing. You won't know until you audition it.

Leave a comment:

• Nwmnteacher
    replied
    I also like the one with black sashing. It sets the blocks apart and highlights them.

Leave a comment:

• quiltingaway
    replied
    I really like the one with the black. That layout is more balanced and the black really set it off.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied
    #1 looks the best to me. I think the dog fabric should go on the back.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    I like the one with the black as well. It ties everything together. I love your border fbric. If you do a thin stop border in black your border fabric will look fantastic!! It would be a nice finish sincd you don't have a dog print with dogs in the quilt. Love how it turned out!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rob the HOAQ
    replied
    I vote for #1 as well. It looks the best.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Hillbillyhike
    replied
    I liked your first layout, but I definitely like number 1 better! That dark sashing makes everything pop amd defined. Love it!

Leave a comment:

• Granny Fran
    replied
    I like layout #2 (the first picture). The black/dark sashing really does the design justice as well as moving the star to a more center position.

Leave a comment:

• CarlieBlilie
    replied
    I like layout #1, also. The black helps things stand out more.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied
    Love the new layout! All the smaller blocks are scattered about nicely!

Leave a comment:

• nativetexan
    replied
    I love #1 layout. the black makes the blocks show up very well.

Leave a comment:

• Syracuselax
    started a topic Need layout advice #2

Need layout advice #2

18517443-D250-4C0F-9B4B-193390BB270E.jpeg CDEB2684-E6CD-404C-B8DB-B10C35888E7D.jpeg 9757B9B8-8A45-434D-9B4F-3095F4F50E7A.jpeg
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my first post which had the picture with the black star in the upper left corner. I asked if it was too busy. I appreciated everyone’s comments and suggestions. Some liked it, some offered alternatives. Some of you apologized for your suggestions but there was no need. Nothing was said in meanness, just your opinions. So I took suggestion to lay the blocks out on dark fabric/blanket (or dollar store plastic tablecloth!) and the result is the picture with black star centered in top row. I circled 3 combination blocks that won’t have the black 1 inch sashing between the blocks.
    thanks for the comment that the first layout unbalanced with darks. I don’t have a red glass but can take a picture in black and white to see grey scale. In fact I think I have a clump of grey in the middle that I need to adjust. I have 3 newspaper squares on the lower right that I still need to make.
    the other picture is of the dog fabric I planned to use as a border but may rethink and use in the backing. I’ll audition it once I get the top sewn together.
    so....layout #1 squished together (picture with black star in left corner). With some squares to be changed for color
    layout #2 (picture with black star in top middle) with dark sashing (I think the solid black may be too severe so a dark print that reads like a solid?)
    thanks in advance for your comments.
    Cheryl

Working...
X