Label ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label ideas

I usually make my labels using script lettering on my sewing machine. Yesterday my machine decided it was not going to co-operate. Problems with bobbin thread jamming, so dropped it off for repair.

Until it is fixed I am looking for other ideas to do lettering on label. How do you do it?

I use a permanent fabric pen and write out the label. I also have some remade labels I just write the info on and then sew it on the quilt back.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I’m not much help probably because I use my embroidery machine to make my quilt labels. I put the name of the quilt, my name and the date.

Comment

I usually use pigma pens and draw out a design and the information I want on the label. I have several booklets that have sample labels.
        Carlie

Comment

I usually type up what I want the label to say in a Word document and print out. Then using a permanent fabric marker I trace that onto fabric. To help stabilize the fabric for writing I iron freezer paper to the back of the fabric. I also always heat press the label to set it. I don't really know if that last step helps, but it is part of my routine.

Comment

I am probably doing the wrong thing but recently I have just written my name or initials and the date on the back edge of the quilt itself. It depends on the recipient on whether it is a name or initial.
            I also have used some fabric pre-printed labels then written on then sewn to the back.
            Last edited by Claire Hallman; January 13, 2021, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I make a label either in Paint 3D or Print Artist then either import it into EQ8 or print it directly onto inkjet fabric. Works great.

Rob
              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                Momofmonsters5 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've done this and like the result.

I use a Frixion pen to write label on muslin then hand embroider over it. Here's one sitting in my sewing box. The quilt was finished 6 months ago, I really need to get around to sewing it on the quilt one of these days!
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Mary Lynn
                Mary Lynn commented
                Editing a comment
                Like your idea.

I'm no help. Half the time i don't put labels. When I do, it's usually with a pigma pen or sometimes ink pen

Comment

Most of the time I use the letter stitching on my regular sewing machine...however, I’ve been using that inkjet fabric recently. Pretty cool..
                "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

The ones I have written have all faded to nothing. I'm bad about labels as well. I'm going to try to be better. I would print on fabric with the computer if I didn't have my machine. I did buy a book of iron ons I saw it the other day.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I did use a Micron pen & hand printed one today. I wanted to get it done today as we are dropping quilt off to son tomorrow. I am a very messy printer & my writing is worse, so I really don’t like doing it this way. When I get my machine fixed, I can make another label.

Comment

I usually use graphic design software and print on inkjet fabric. For my stepdaughter's wedding quilt, I adapted their wedding invitation. Here it is, with all names digitally removed. I use the same method to make a label with care instructions.

fullsizeoutput_2a52.jpeg

When I have too much time on my hands, I have been known to cross stitch a label. This was for my first sampler quilt.

fullsizeoutput_2a57.jpeg
                      It looks kind of weird where I blurred out my name and city. Sorry!

Comment

• Mary Lynn
                        Mary Lynn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Love your cross stitch label!

• quiltingaway
                        quiltingaway commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've used a wedding invitation as part of a label for a wedding quilt too.

Love the cross stitch..I can do that. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X