Jelly Roll rug question - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelly Roll rug question - need help

Hi. I'm making placemats in the format of the jelly roll rug. The placemats are rectangular. I'm to the point where I am zig zagging the strips together, but my machine keeps skipping stitches. I'm frustrated. My machine is the Bernina 880. I'm using Aurifil thread and a jeans needle. I don't get it!

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what, if anything, can be done to rectify the issue?

Thanks!
    Michele
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

One thing that will upset my machine is lint under the bobbin case. Mine was skipping on straight stitch and when removed the bobbin and the bobbin case, there it was... an ugly little bitty lint ball. Cleaned it out, put it back together and it stitched fine!

Comment

I had problems with a table runner I was working on. I ended up using a vintage machine which sewed through the layers like butter. I know this doesn't solve your problem.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

why are you zig zagging it together. are you sewing them onto batting?

Comment

Working...
        X